Do you fold underwear, socks, ect.?

I was raised to fold everything from bras, socks, underwear. Im getting a little overwelmed for a family of 6. Do you fold? Or just throw in drawer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I fold everything BUT my family is only me my newborn and husband and I'll admit with a newborn sometimes stuff sits in the basket for awhile or I'm pulling my wardrobe from the dryer LOL. Cut yourself a break hun and have your kids fold hang up and put away their own laundry. Then if you still feel overwhelmed just shove bras and undies in the drawer adn use a basket for socks. Gorwing up my mom never mated socks. We had a sock basket and every morning you could find all four of us digging for a matching pair ;)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 4:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Socks I pair up yes, underwear No.

Answer by gemgem at 9:23 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Yeah I fold everything, I was raised the same way, and I grew up with 6 brothers and 6 sisters, so I know how you feel. I seriously hate folding socks and underwear.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I have 5 kids which is why I dont bother folding underwear. I hand them to my kids who are teenagers and I figure they can handle their own undies. If they want them folded they know how to do it. I was raised by strict parents also, my dad was a marine. I am just not going to stress myself out over underwear.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Yeah, I fold it all. It's more compact that way. :-) If you want to drop one, though, I'd quit folding the underwear, but still do the socks. They're annoying, but you don't want to be in a rush trying to get out the door and not be able to find a pair.
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 9:31 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I mate my socks, but the rest get thrown in a drawer.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I fold everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I fold my husbands underwear and pair up his socks, and I pair up my son's socks (he wears diapers) but I just throw my own in the drawer!! I was raised to fold everything, so when it comes to everyone else's I do it, but when it comes to mine, nobody sees it so I guess I am lazy! hehe
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 10:44 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Fold everything. I am teaching my 7-yr old to match socks and fold underwear. It is one of the first things I learned so everyone would keep the dressers neat. We were 5 kids so mom would wash and we would do the matching and folding. It just looks nicer in the drawers.
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 11:10 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• i pair up the socks and just kind of throw the underwear in the drawer.
    MOMMAof5_

Answer by MOMMAof5_ at 1:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2008