Has anyone had a near death experience? If so please explain...

newmamanew2town

Asked by newmamanew2town at 9:28 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, when I was in my 20's I was married to a man who didn't put too much effort into taking care of his family the way husbands and fathers are supposed to do. We were living in an apartment at the time with our infant son. I had been under a lot of stress with the new baby and the lack of "help" from my husband. And one night I started having troubles breathing. I have had asthma since the age of three. So I tried doing what I could to help myself but it just continued to get worse. So I tell my husband that I need to go to the ER for a breathing treatment. Well, he took a GOOD hour to go pick up his brother (who didn't have a car) so that he could come watch our son while my husband took me to the ER.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:05 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• ...By the time we got to the ER I was having such a hard time breathing that I could barely stand up straight. The nurse took me in the back and they started to get me situated with the breathing treatment. By this time I was SO tired from lack of air that I literally had no energy to even hold the little tube that the nurse handed me. I remember she walked away, thinking that I was situated and I put the tube down on the bed and I lay back, which is EXTREMELY difficult when you can't breathe.
    jenettyshome

• ...But it was sort of funny that my pain and discomfort was gone. Instantly the room got really bright white, like looking at the center of a light bulb but it was comforting and relaxing. I remember looking towards the door and thinking that all I had to do was get up off the table and I would be "HOME". I felt such love and joy and comfort and compassion, it was so spectacular. And then I heard a voice say, "it's not your time yet" (I should say felt a voice - like telepathic) and suddenly the room returned to its original blankness and the nurse was there adjusting a mask over my face. Later they told me that if I had waited another five minutes to get the ER that they wouldn't have been able to save me.
    jenettyshome

• Five years ago when my grandmother passed away I was in the bedroom with her during her last few minutes, along with my mom, my aunt and grandpa. My aunt (who is extremely religious) was saying the "The Lord is my Shepherd" prayer and holding my grandma's hand. My grandpa was sitting at my grandma's side and I was standing behind my grandpa. And I remember my grandpa suddenly getting all upset and asking my grandma not to leave him. And I said, "Don't tell her to stay, grandpa. It's okay for her to go". And he looked at me and said, "Really?". And I nodded and again I saw that beautiful white light. I knew the instant she left her body because I watched that light come in and then go out. And my aunt laughed and made a reference to my grandma "running" to meet her sisters and all who are already There.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:06 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• jenettyshome, when I saw this question, I wondered if you had answered. Good to see you back on here!
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Hiya - just sent you a PM.
    God Bless!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 3:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2008