When you see......

When you see a very obviously pregnant woman smoking cigerettes or drinking do you want to say something to them? Have you ever actually said something? Or do you figure it's none of your business and keep it moving?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 2:31 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it drives me insane. i use to work at a gas station thank god no one pregnant came in and tried to buy any because i would NOT sell to them. my mil was one one those ladies that smoked while pregnant with all 3 kids
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 2:40 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I seen this on what would you do!! I don't think it is ok and it would make me upset but I am way to shy to speak up and say something :(
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 2:33 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I would hate a woman passing all the ill-effects of smoke to a baby in the womb. Obviously I would make an effort to go to that lady & talk to her regarding the same...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 2:35 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It makes me very upset to see. I don't however think talking to the oman will do any good, though it's worth the effort. It's not rocket science that smoking and alcohol are bad for a fetus. The expectant mom obviously doesn't care.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:40 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• it drives me crazy! i was shopping at the store today,and this lady was smoking outside the store.I roll my cart over to her and say,"You know,you shouldn't be smoking". Then she dumps her ash tray in my cart! I slapped her & walked away pissed off.
    mom_test

Answer by mom_test at 2:43 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I wouldn't say anything to her, because most women have a very good idea of the detrimental effects on an unborn child when consuming alcohol or smoking cigarettes. It really just boils down to they don't care or don't think their child could possibly have anything happen to them and that the number of babies born to mothers doing these things is SO incredibly low.

Unfortunately surveys have found that about 80% of woman drink during pregnancy but this figure also includes those who drank alcohol before they knew they were pregnant. As many as 40,000 babies are born with some type of alcohol-related damage each year in the United States.

So anyway, maybe those who don't think their child is at any risk will read my post. Maybe just by posting this it will help at least one child, and kudos to you other Moms who are willing to walk right up to a pregnant person and mention it.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:44 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• OMG mom test! That is freaking hilarious!! You get 2 thumbs up from me lol
    Lucky209

Comment by Lucky209 (original poster) at 2:46 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I think you have to be pretty idiotic to smoke or drink when pregnant and have absolutely zero compassion or concern for the child growing inside of you. PP all of the things you listed are still detrimental to someone, but when you CHOOSE to smoke or CHOOSE to drink when pregnant that is not an environmental factor or a hazard of living in the city. That is the pregnant person, the MOTHER, choosing to do this to her child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i am probably going to get bashed for this but eh here goes..lol...yes i do smoke, yes i smoked when pregnant...both pregnacies were acidents..not that that is an excuse but i just wanted to put that out there. while i was pregnant yes i did try to quit, i was down to maybe one or two a day..my doctor acctually said to me do not quit cold turkey the baby will go through withdraw symtoms. but yest i smoked one or two by the end of my pregnancy ..did not completely quit but at least i wasn't chain smoking...yes i knew what could happen, yes i cared..but the truth is it is an ADDICTION.
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 5:50 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It is none of my business. I might think something to myself but not actually go over to her and say anything.

Answer by louise2 at 6:02 AM on Mar. 8, 2011