What Did you tell your husband when you went into labor?

mom_test

Asked by mom_test at 2:50 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Lol I love this question. I didn't have to say anything the first time because it was scheduled induction. The second time we had been writing down contractions all day but they weren't consistent. We weren't sure if i was the real deal. I wasn't really in any pain and had been having Braxton Hicks for several months. At one point I was on bed rest.  But I started thinking it was the real deal when we were sitting at a restaurant that evening and I had a complete panic attack(not normal for me) and I started sobbing. I told dh I didn't know what was wrong with me but that I felt something really bad was going to happen soon. That was just minutes before the REAL contractions came steady and strong! To this day 3 years later I cannot eat at that popular chain restaurant lol

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:59 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• With my labors, he was the one who told me~ lol
    I was just working through my progressing-intensifying braxton hicks and he noticed things weren't just practice anymore.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Though we were split, I called him at work and told him I was going to the hospital to be induced. At the time I was heading to the house to get my bags and then omw to the hospital. That's it. LOL.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:59 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Wake up. Both times it was in the middle of the night.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 6:28 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I told him i was in labor and he didn't believe me because he had plans to go out, my best friend had to call him yelling at him to get his ass home. He thought i just didn't want him to go out because i was 10 days early.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:41 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I have went into preterm labor 3 times already.. both times I have been hurting so badly that he knew :P I hope when it is time that he won't think it is another preterm labor time for ER and shot to stop the contractions.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 7:10 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• my first two i was induced - no fun !!

with my third child i was having really bad cramps that just wasnt going away all day long finally 9pm i call my doctor an he told me there was nothing he can do that i just need to lay down and relax! told me to take a warm bath.. wellll that didn't help!! my husband was pissed i refused to go to the hospital (even longer story) i was only dialated to1cm so i wasnt expecting anything to happen lol.. i convinced myself to go to sleep..waking up with contractions (didnt really know what it was .. never felt them with my other two) finally i had felt like i had to pee.. got out of bed took 2 steps and i just started gushing blood... woke up my husband and said LETS GO NOW..... NOOO idea why i was bleeding!!! the ride to the hospital was 20 minutes.. contractions 2.5 minutes apart and all my husband could say was 'told you so'...this was at 4am!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 7:11 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• oh my sonn was 3 weeks early..
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 7:12 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• He was out of town working and i called him, he had just worked a night shift and i said i was in labor and to come home,
    he thought i was teasing him.
    liv3laughlov3

Answer by liv3laughlov3 at 7:19 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I remember waking him up at night saying "Could you count for me?" He was like....What? I said, "I can't breath and count at the same time." LOL! He was wide awake after that.

My son was 2 weeks early.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 8:24 AM on Mar. 8, 2011