Sleepless nights!!

Ok my son is 14 months old and has only slept all nite maybe a few times!! I have tried several things and not sure what to do to get him to sleep all nite!! Can anyone help me out at all with this!! Thanks so much!!

jess_angelica

Asked by jess_angelica at 4:43 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get him into a routine. Something that will signal "bedtime" to him. Try this: dinner, bath, pj's, brush teeth, story, bed. You can rock him in a rocking chair a little during the storyand sing sofly. Trust me, toddlers love that just as much as babies! Also tracing small, light circles on their back helps them fall asleep.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:47 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• *softly*
    SweetLoveofMine

• Yeah we tried the routine thing with hima nd never seemed to work...it just makes it hard on us when he wont sleep at nite still...plus he has to share a room with his sister at thel moment till we can find a 3 bedroom house....and he wakes he up at ntie!!
    jess_angelica

Comment by jess_angelica (original poster) at 4:58 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• maybe a night light will help him. my son is having issue sleeping in his new big boy bed i think hes having nightmares cause he cries and wimpers alot in his sleep and wakes up crying. so im going to try a night light to see if that helps. so good luck
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 5:55 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Some kids just take longer to get the hang of sleeping through the night. The little one I sit for just started at 17 months. I agree there should be a consistent night time routine. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:32 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• We got a nite lite in there already....its like he wont sleep during the nite or naps at all...so not sure...i hope he starts to sleep soon!! LOL
    jess_angelica

Comment by jess_angelica (original poster) at 8:45 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I would say maybe try putting some kind of a night light in his room and maybe like a thing that plays lullaby's that has worked with my son since he was 3 months old and never had a problem with him sleeping through the night since. And maybe try a bath before bed with lavender baby wash. I have heard that helps too.
    Alcavin08

Answer by Alcavin08 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• NIte lite and radio is on in there room...and he wont take baths....he is scared of the bathtub so he has to shower with one of us..... its just crazy how my daughter who is almost 5yrs old has slept through the nite at 1 month old!!
    jess_angelica

Comment by jess_angelica (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I tried the nite light thing as well with my daughter . The only way I could get her to go to sleep is to sit in there on a chair or on the floor in the dark with her until she went to sleep. Once she fell asleep I quietly left the room . When I first started it took awhile for her to go to sleep but then the time became shorter and shorter till all I have to do is tuck her in . Good luck
    kjade226

Answer by kjade226 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• He goes in there and goes right to bed but its almost like he is a new born again waking up every 4hrs!! and dont want to go back to sleep
    jess_angelica

Comment by jess_angelica (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2011