Does anyone lock their computer from their husbands?

This is not meant to bash anyone. I saw this on another post. Do you have a password set on your computer to keep your DH off of it? If so why? Does it work? Again not meant to bash I'm just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• I do. We have one computer that my husband used to use as his personal porn machine. He would always lie about and be really sneaky. I am not ok with that. I know it works for some families, but not for mine. No bashing because none of you were present at the many open conversations my husband and I have had about this. Hubby uses the computer when I am home and agrees that it is the best option for us right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• well our computer used to be password protected, we each had our own file with our own passwords but now we don't, we respect eachothers privacy enough that we don't need passwords.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 10:05 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Not me... he has his own puter, I have mine and we know each other's passwords on almost everything (I had to set all of his up so I know all of his). Unless I see a problem, there's no reason for me to get in his puter.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:06 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• No. We have 3 comps, one for the family, one for me, one for him. All of them are open and everyone using each others computers. Its no big deal. Plus he knows my passwords and I know his. I take care of all the financials so I have to know some of his so I can access his cc etc so I can pay bills. Plus, he isnt a child. I dont think theres any reason to worry about him getting on my computer and downloading a virus. I also am not worried about him seeing anything on my comp since theres nothing to see. Were very open and honest with one another.

Answer by gemgem at 10:09 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• NO, I am open and honest with every thing. I have nothing to keep fom him. If he wants to go through my files let him! I don't care.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:12 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• nope our computer is pasword protected but we both know the password, its more for when we have a guest we dont really trust over. I know all of his passwords and he knows mine ( I think)
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• YES I DO. I JUST GOT MINE BACK BECAUSE MY DH FILLED IT WITH VIRUSES LOOKING AT PORN. SO NO MORE COMPUTER FOR HIM!
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 10:28 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• No we each have our own laptops.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I do but only because of porn issues. They have killed my computer twice.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• our somputers are password protected. but he has mine and I have his. The passwords are to keep kids and nephews off the computer w/o permission. We have no trust issues. If you need to keep a password secret from your spouse I think that is a huge red flag in your relationship. As always IMO.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:52 AM on Nov. 22, 2008