I have recently lost my son while i was still pregnant with hiim and i was woundering if there are any other mms on here that have gone through that because i could use someone to talk to that has been through this.

or any ways to handle the everyday struggles ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am so sorry. It is a terrible and a very real loss. I have lost two of my children and I belong to support groups. There are branches for parents that lose their children while they are still pregnant. Compassionate friends has a daily chat group that might be helpful. Over and over I wish it could have been me rather than them.
    People trying to be helpful will say things. They are trying to be helpful and comforthing, but they have no idea of what they are saying and the hurt their words cause. Try to get past those comments and look for comfort in your own way. How is your so doing?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:20 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i am so so sorry for your loss, what made it all the more harder for me and my partner was that i was overdue and thery wouldnt induce me, then three days later tis happened, i have spent countless hours begging that it was me and that he had been ginen the chance to experience the joys that come with this life, our relationship is extremely strained and i was woundering how you kept going in your relationship going while still dealing whit everything? thank you for the support group idea to.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I was almost 8 months pregnant wthen my daughter passed,,,it is the worst thing that ever happened to me. My husband and I had alot of strain on our reltaionship as well, even thought we didn't get to take home a live baby, our bodies and hormones don't know the difference, I am crying while I write this, and it is almost 10 years later, I feel so bad for you, and I wish I could just make it go away for you please PM me, and we can chat. Huggs to you, and it will get better with time.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I am a member of another mommy site and they have forums for loss' like this. The women on there are awesome!! It's www.themommyplaybook.com

I'm so sorry for you loss! :o( I can't even imagine how you feel. I will definitely be praying for you and your family!
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 7:19 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• even though its hard to hear that it will still hurt just as rawly in ten years time, i am glad to know that it will get better thank you kimigogo, and i would pm you but i have no idea how i am new to this site, thank you for the suggestion and the condolences alyssamal and i will have to give that site a go, are you one of the people who started that site?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:24 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Good luck to you. That is the hardest thing anyone should have to go through! Hugs!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• To private message someone click on their blue name under their answer. Then on next screen, click on "see cafemom profile" in small print under their name. Then click on the "send message box" on the next page. hugs to you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:29 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I lost a baby while still pregnant. It devastated me!! I wonder how she would look ,I still know how old she would of been. I was 4 months. I am very sorry for your loss. U can pm me if u want to talk one on one. Just click on my screen name,then my screenname that leads to my profile page then u can send me a message from there.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:25 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I was 6 months pregnant with my son, I was sick the whole time I was pregnant with him, (bleeding,cramping, losing weight,) my Dr (at the time) would just say Idk if this baby will make it he looks good but their is a lot of blood around him, and that is all I would get, I would make a trip in every week to get checked and I would be told the same, the night I went into labor with him I started by passing a clot the size of half a dollar bill and cramping , called my Dr the one on call said well from your chart it looks like you have had a placenta previa and that is why your having all this bleeding (what????) no one ever told me to take it easy no bed rest no nothing, so I was told to go to bed and rest, I ended up delivering him the next morning, he weights 9ozs and was 10 inches long, he was my only son and was the hardest thing I have ever been through, it has been almost 9 years and it is still hard!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:10 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• thank you all for being honest, it helps alot to hear that you have been through this, and i am terribly sorry for all of your loses, the doctor who saw you momto4girls shouldnt have thier license, the son i lost was my only son aswell, he looked exactly like my partner, i try to keep myself busy because when i stop i crash i stay up late and get up early so i dont give my self that time to greve, what helped you the most in dealing with it?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:07 AM on Mar. 9, 2011