My 7 year old daughter seems to cry about everything, what could be wrong?

No matter what time I put her in bed, (they go to bed at 8), she has a hard time waking up in the morning. She also cries about everything all day, everyday.

I've never spoiled her so the whole "I'll just cry and get what I want" shouldn't even be a thought in her head....

Suggestions on what I can do?

JenniferLynn3

Asked by JenniferLynn3 at 6:57 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• She just might be a highly sensitive individual. My 10 year old is/always has been the same.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My niece's daughter has become very emotional lately and she is 7. Maybe it's the age.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:21 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• my sisters little girl as been the same way she is 6.....she will cry about anything and everything...i think some little girls are just over sensivite...shes tried everything to get her to quit crying all the time but nothin works...its somethin they will have to just grow out of and im sure they will! good luck!
    momma2angels777

Answer by momma2angels777 at 7:23 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• atleast you don't have a highly sensitve 6 year old boy. what am i going to do? i'm sure he isnt as bad as the girls but my son will cry if another kid hits him..he wont hit back..he just cries. and he is bigger than most kids too. he acts like he wasnt to hit them but its like he is afraid he will hurt them or something...he don't like telling on kids either. Hopefully me putting him karate will teach him how to play with these bully ass kids.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:54 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• She is probably going through some cahnges and odesn't know how to vocalize them. Just try to be patient and try talking to her, face to face, not above her, and ask her what you can do to help. Maybe a hug is all kids need sometimes. Just remember, this too shall pass. Hugs to you. :)
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 8:34 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I agree, she's really sensitive. My daughter will be 8 on Sat. and she's super sensitive too. She cried yesterday about something she PERCEIVED that she did wrong. Nobody told her she did anything wrong and when she told us what happened, she was already crying. (It wasn't even anything bad, lol). But her feelings are easily hurt, you name it, she can cry about it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• As a preschool teacher I have seen this in little girls age 4-8. Yes they are over sensitive. You can cut down on the whines and cries by letting her know you will listen and/or talk to her when you can hear and understand her. Be CONSISTENT! This will probably annoy her but she will eventually learn that you will not respond to her cries. She will still love you.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Pretty common at that age, especially with girls. Be empathetic, but not overly comforting, that's just rewarding her behavior. I just tell mine that I understand she's upset, but it's not worth crying over. Then go about your business. Don't give it too much attention.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:42 AM on Mar. 21, 2011