Are parents interested in getting a child tracking device to avoid separating from their children in crowded places?

Hi,
We are students from Upenn who are doing a project for the course Engineering Entrepreneurship. We would like to develop and market a child monitoring system to help parents with young children to easily locate them when they go missing in crowded public places, like shopping malls. It would be greatly appreciated if you could spare just 3 min of your time to answer the survey. We thank you in advance.

Link to survey:

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=WEB228J3XXRY24

unresolvedd

Asked by unresolvedd at 10:26 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Nope. I have had a missing child too and still wouldnt want anything like that. They already have systems available for parents who want that, actually isnt there a commercial like that and its a monitoring device? Anything else would be invasive and would violate the childs rights when they grew older to privacy would it not? Non invasive techniques like a gps or what not might be ok, but anything else would seem unethical.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• At first I thought this was going to be a chip inserted under the skin. I think it is a good iea but again, there are many tracking devices out there already similar to this.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 10:37 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I've looked into them - toddlers can dart off so dang quickly - but they are too expensive and too unreliable.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2008