My 2 yr old was up crying his ears hurt all night

I am just wondering what people think. He has had loose stools and lots of drool and now this pain in his ears. From what I remember this is all due to 2 yr molars coming in. I am obviously taking him to the doctor today to check for infection but if it is just teeth any suggestions. He is having a really hard time with them and they haven't even broken skin yet! Nothing was this hard with my first please help.

jrevling

Asked by jrevling at 8:08 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would definitely go to the doc just to be sure with his ears. As far as teeth I would just give ibuprofen and use orajel.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:14 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I read in Baby 411 that teething doesn't cause diarrhea. I would definitely say he has an ear infection.
    sydash11

Answer by sydash11 at 8:14 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• its possible his ears could be hurting from the molars, especially if they're top molars. however it would be best to rule out an ear infection.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:16 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Give him a freeze pop or popsicle to suck on it will numb the gums.. Instant relief it will last awhile!! Poor little guy! Ear infection will not cause loose stools. Has he been drinking? That does cause it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:19 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I would try freezing teething rings, and definitely Tylenol or motrin, and maybe some baby orajel or teething tablets. My son is a yr old and has had problems cutting teeth too but has also has double ear infections twice in the last 6 months.
    Alcavin08

Answer by Alcavin08 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My daughter had the same thing and it turned out to be a middle ear infection . And I would take him to the Dr and not call because I called and they told me that she was teething , and I got frustrated when she got a fever and took her to the express care and it was an ear infection.
    kjade226

Answer by kjade226 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 8, 2011