Diet isn't going my way

I've been trying to stay on a lo-cal diet..need to drop a few pounds and during the day I do fine, but at night. I'm starving! Anyone else deal with this?

justalady774

Asked by justalady774 at 8:17 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• The reason you are so hungry at the end is because you are not getting enough calories throughout the day and your body is demanding more. If you eat more healthy proteins and whole grains you will stay fuller longer. A sample meal for the day....Oatmeal with cinnamon, handful of berries. Or egg with veggies and a slice of whole wheat toast. Lunch large salad with grilled chicken. Snacks: apple, pear or 1/2 grapefruit., handful of nuts . Dinner 5 oz salmon, large portion of broccoli, large salad and even a very small helping of brown rice. Water to drink. Diet pop is okay in moderation but it makes you bloated. Also exercise, cardio with weight training is so essential. It kicks your metabolism in gear. Also as you tone and replace fat with muscle you will burn much more calories even at rest. All you need is at least 3 times a week.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Dieting...yes. I started Weight watchers in January. Those first few days i was hungry...but now, I stay pretty full. So WW with excerise, i've lost almost 10 pounds. And I'm feeling a lot better during the day.

Good luck.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 8:20 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• what are you having for breakfast, lunch & dinner? And are you eating snacks in between? Are you counting calories?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Dieting rarely does me well at all. The only thing I can do is increase my activity and replace any of the processed, high calorie foods I might be eating with veggies or light popcorn.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Dieting doesn't really work. You need a healthy balanced lifelong way of eating and if you are eating enough for your body, as well as to lose weight you won't be hungry. Based on one's height and age you will need anywhere from 1300-2000 calories a day to lose weight, anything lower and your body won't have enough fuel and you'll go into starvation mode and not lose fat.

AmyLynn's meal suggestions are perfect, except for the diet pop....diet drinks flavored with artificial sweeteners can kill your metabolism and actually helps weight GAIN not loss. Stick with water with or without lemon and green tea. If you want a sweetener use Stevia (truvia or pure versions). You can also add another snack in there if you are hungry, but no carbs after 7pm....stick with raw veggies
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 8, 2011