I have the worst luck financially - vent

i swear im surrounded by idiots! i know people make mistakes, so i am trying to remain calm. however with my leasing office, they've made the same mistake 3 times now and i'm getting really frustrated with them. luckily after i pay april's rent it's the last time i have to deal with them, ever, and then we're moving to a house.

last month, they sent me a late notice that was really rude. telling me to "please govern myself accordingly" and they "demand" payment and so on. when i actually paid it on time, and the next day when i called they said , "oh yea, it's taken care of." well okay, thanks for the rude ass letter. i didn't say anything rude though, i figured everyone's allowed a one time mistake. then my husband went down a few weeks later to give our 60 day notice that we're moving. it was due by march 1st and he went in a few days ahead. march 1st rolls around, and we got another letter reminding us to turn in our 60 day notice. REALLY? he called the next day and again, "oh, it's taken care of." umm okay! i paid rent for march, using their website. yesterday, wouldn't you know it? another "please govern yourself accordingly, your rent is late" and there's like $300 worth of late charges on there. I AM PISSED! i paid it on time YET AGAIN. they don't open til 9 but i guarantee you i'm going to hear "Oh yea, it's taken care of"

what pisses me off is them sending me these nasty letters, when they are the ones at fault. i wish they'd double, triple, quadruple check before they send such rude ass letters to their tenants. it makes them look really stupid and unprofessional!

then, i went to publix's "little clinic" a few months back for strep throat. i gave them my insurance card, paid my copay, and got a bill in the mail for the full payment. WTF! i guess another common mistake that just came at a really bad time. so now i have to call and correct someone else's mistake. AHHH!!!!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• i would tell them that you are tired of doing their job for them that instead of people keeping up with things like they are supposed to you have to take time out of your schedule every month and call them to make sure things are correct and that its really getting annoying to you i would also tell them to quit sending the nasty letters. if you get another letter i would put return to sender on it and send it back, good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:28 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• lol i know it does get frustrating. just call them out on it. your time is just as important as theres lol tell them the next time you have to do this you want to be put on their payroll for doing their job
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:33 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• thanks. its just so irritating that the proof of payment is everywhere, it's in their system, in my bank statement. it would take a quick search on their computer to verify it. they are not the same managers that were here when i moved in a year ago, they are "new management" and quite frankly, they suck!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:31 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• haha that would be nice! my rent is an odd amount and i always pay a dollar more than is due, so technically they owe me a dollar for every month ive been here! LOL
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:34 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Just send them back their letter with a note that says please re-word your "reminder" notice as it is very rude and unprofessional.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 11:58 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I would ask them to cease and disist as their claims have no merit.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2011