Do you tip for bad service/or give less of a tip

sandbuster

Asked by sandbuster at 8:33 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Min wage or not. The server knows how much they make an hour and they know that they are being tipped for their service. If I get good / great service they get a good tip. If its ok or a little bad they get a small tip, if I get horrible service they get nothing and I talk to the manager. I'm not going to feel bad for someone making 2.20 an hour (or whatever it is) and they treat me and my family like crap. If I wanted to be treated like crap I would have stayed home LOL
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 7:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i will not tip for bad service. my dh gets mad and says this is how they make their living. well if thats the case lose the attitude and do your job or find another living.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:35 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• it depends on what "bad service" means. was the food late, undercooked, or gross? that isn't the waitresses fault typically, so i'll still tip her if she was courteous, although i will complain about the food too. if she was just rude though, then she ain't gettin shit from me.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:36 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I still give a tip for mediocre service, but not as much... not so great service = not so great tip
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:36 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• samurai.. i think a note is a good idea but if i see something going on that is that bad i would just rather speak to a manager.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I usually will give less for bad service. I have only not tipped one time because of bad service.
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 8:34 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• tnm exactly i was just going to explain myself cuz my post sounded rude. if it has nothing to do with the waitress she will get her tip, but like tnm said if she is rude and making you wait cuz she just has a bad tude sorry hon go to the next table for your bills cuz there aint none here
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Although I realize that the servers include tips as part of their hourly wage, poor service means less or no tip from me. On the flip side, I am more generous with exceptional service and food quality.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I give less then a good tip and a little note saying why. I used to be a server and regardless of how bad service is I believe everyone has the right to make min wage. They made $2 an hour. I will leave enough where I feel it will cover them for min wage. If they give decent service they get 18% if they give outstanding service I have been known to tip 40-50%.

Answer by gemgem at 8:42 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i always tip unless the server is a total ass...which has never happend. People don't realize that service goes beyond your server.

omg, yesterday..we were 3 people short at work so my manager pulled 2 servers off the floor and left me on the floor by myself. i had like 12 tables going all at once..people standing waiting to be seated, people needing refills, i wanted to die. i tried explaining to everyone that i was the only one on the floor. most people were nice and patient but there were like 2 that were total assholes and acted like it was my fault. ..and my manager did everything he could to ..to help me. whatever, its not our fault that our GM is too stupid to fire all these losers that cant show up for work
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:45 AM on Mar. 8, 2011