Why are people so judgemental

i am 22 pregnant with my third doesnt mean when i walk in you give me nasty looks like i did something wrong i hate people like that it seems to happen everywhere i go

devlynsmommy08

Asked by devlynsmommy08 at 8:43 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't think there is anything wrong with being a young mom, as long as you can take care of the kids you have it's no one's place to judge your family choices. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:44 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• When they do that, give them a big smile & say hi in a super friendly tone. I love doing that to people when they are rudely staring, it always catches them off guard & makes them feel like a weirdo. The look on their face is priceless.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:46 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• cause i have my other two with me at all times
    devlynsmommy08

Comment by devlynsmommy08 (original poster) at 8:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• when i was pregnant with my 3rd, i was 23 (had her when i was 24) and i used to get looks and judgments from people i knew. i used to think to myself of that visa commercial "insert item and price here, insert item and price here, the look on people's faces when they know you're on your 3rd child and how old you are - PRICELESS"
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:50 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You know you are a good mom. Just ignore them.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:50 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You may look young but there's no way ppl know how old you are. I think you may be hypersensitive to people's reactions. Maybe they aren't judgemental and you are just taking it the wrong way. You even said, it's not something they are saying, it's just a "look"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• oh I know what you mean...I'm 21 & thinking about our 3rd baby. It royally pisses me off because I look much much younger. You know what they can stare and make their comments, my husband & I support OUR family by OURSELVES. No assitance (except the kids insurance - Mediciad) Although I don't know many people these days that their children aren't on medicaid. They can all kiss my ass!!!

GL momma
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 8:56 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I had my 3rd by the time I was 22 also, I got the looks and still get them cause I am 28 with 5 living (6 total) I just laugh and say God bless, that seems to eat them up more than anything!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:58 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Im 26 married have a 3yr old daughter and pregnant with our second child and I get the same looks, If you are happy then that is what is important to you I agree withmomto4girzls the look on their face is priceless
    kjade226

Answer by kjade226 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 8, 2011