What is an appropriate wedding gift value or cash?

non relative, close friend.... $50, $100?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 8:46 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• Usually it should be "about" the same as what they paid for you to eat. Obviously not a lot of poepl give out that info, and if you are not close to the couple, you wouldn't know. first, go by where it is - nicer the location, average about $100. I typically give $50 to friends and $75 to family. however, if I am strapped for cash and the location is small, I can get away with $30-$50. if you cannot afford what you feel is the good amount, opt for a gift. it tends to be a little cheaper, but shows your respect for being invited to the wedding.
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Depends on where you live, here $50 is generous.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:48 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• usually it goes where u cover ur plate and ur guest or dh or whatever and a little extra
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 8:48 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Depends on your budget. I usually try to go onto where ever they registered and get something I know they need and like. If that isnt available then one of the best gifts I got when we got married was Visa Gift cards. I loved them because I could go out and get what we needed.

Answer by gemgem at 8:48 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I live in phoenix and this wedding is really, really nice. I can't even begin to guess how much they spent. 20k - 30k???
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 8:51 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• If you can easily afford the $100, i say give them $100. But, if you cannot really afford that....then $50 is just fine.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:52 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Where I live, $200 a couple at least. By the way, it also is up to your discretion. But most halls charge extrvagant amounts now.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:52 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• just choose something off there list or give the amount you where going to spend on the gift in cash in a card.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Why Not a Beautiful Gift Basket!:-) I have Beautiful Gift Baskets on my online store for Brides and Grooms!:-) Let me know if you like the site.. Or check out my profile:-) We have a Beautiful Honey Moon one too:-)
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 9:31 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Sent you a message:-)
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 9:36 AM on Mar. 8, 2011