How do I create tracing worksheets.

I want to make a tracing worksheet so that my daughter can practice writing her name. I went to word thinking it would be easy, but I have no idea what I'm doing. Help, please!!

lvaughn26

Asked by lvaughn26 at 8:50 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Have you tried googling printables for just that? I used to have a site bookmarked that had ones already done up to be printed and you could create your own. I can not remember the name and I no longer have the link. I know I found it by using Google. Sorry I wasn't much help. Good luck.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:53 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Lined paper would be easiest - the kind with a middle line so she can practice where to start/stop the letters (you can usually buy it at Target or you can print some out from online). Make sure you do her first letter uppercase and the other lowercase, just like she'll need to do in school. Then you just write her name on the lines using a dashed line, then you can take that sheet and copy it numerous times.

Answer by missanc at 8:54 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You need to use a tracing font and then it is very easy in Word. I made them for all of my students when I taught. Here's a place to get some of the fonts.
    http://www.fontspace.com/category/trace

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:57 AM on Mar. 8, 2011