Does it get easier being a stay at home mom?

My husband and I have recently decided that I would be the one to stay at home and chill. I Worked all through my pregnancy with my daughter (who is 7 now) and I work some of the time with my son who is now 1. My husband makes the most money, even though he is never home anymore and works everyday. I tend to the house keeping and our little one, go to school and relax since I am 16 weeks now. Does it get easier? I have had so much crazyness since we have decided to do this 2 months ago.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• it will get easier you'll get a routine and things will be fine
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:04 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It is easier as far as not having to worry about where your children are going to go to daycare, but as far as actually staying home? Half the time I feel like I need to go to a looney bin! My conversations are constantly with my 2 girls and really no one else, my routine is the same everyday, gets quite boring and frustrating. I just make sure to make a day for myself on the weekends where hubby keeps the kids and I go do something. Whether it is grocery shopping or getting my haircut, it gives me time to catch my sanity.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:07 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I agree with Jodi.  And I personally wouldn't trade being a sahm for anything.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 9:08 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• thanks cookie. i wouldnt either
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It's a slow process but I'd say, IMO, definitely YES. You grow into the role, you perfect the art of being a SAHM... so long as you look positively at the opportunities it gives you rather than focussing on all the things you'll miss, it will work out. I was a career and party girl up til I first conceived at the age of 32, so it was life turning on its head for me!
    I have a friend who hates it, but I can see so many things she could do with her time that she would like, but just won't grasp, it really really depends on how you look at life - positively, or negatively.
    Twinminator

Answer by Twinminator at 9:09 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• you just kind of get used to the insanity... some days i wish i could go back to work but i know i would miss them too but really crave my alone time.... its a tug of war!
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Thanks, I hope so. We can't seem to get a routine going though. With all the doctors appointments and little things I have to do since he works, I just work things in. I feel so bad for the little one since he is so messed up on times. The only thing we have for sure is our dinner, bath and bed time right.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:09 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• it will get better you'll learn how to fit everything together. dont worry
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:11 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Once you get used to what you do everyday it will get easier, you won't have to think about it much at all.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:12 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Don't worry about it too much, think of it as "flexibility" rather than "lack of routine" (positive thinking again, winkwink!)

Plus when you have more than one very young child, you won't have the luxury of always focussing on the baby's needs. Lowering practical expectations (not loving, or health, or emotional expectations, just practical ones) is vital to you (a) keeping your sanity and (b) ENJOYING your children while they're young. I spent the first year of my twins life beating myself up for not 'performimg' how I knew I should/could/wanted to, because I had two tinies to care for, and boy do I wish I'd just given myself a break. Good luck xx
    Twinminator

Answer by Twinminator at 9:17 AM on Mar. 8, 2011