Time consuming war-type video games. I need suggestions on these. Need a gift for an adult male.

My FIL is going through a nasty divorce. He is not able to work. He plays PS2 games to pass the time. She took all his other video game consoles. All he has is a PS2. We would like to get him a time consuming video game. He likes the war-type.

He does read too. I already got him set up with some books he really likes. Any suggestions on video games would be great. I am not into them myself. Not really sure which ones are good ones to buy him.

tiddliwinks

Asked by tiddliwinks at 9:08 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Entertainment

• look and see if you have a used game store in your area (here its called GAMESTOP) they will have every kind of game for every games system and will be able to point you in the right dircetion
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:21 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Call of Duty is one of the more popular ones.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:13 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Call of Duty Black Ops is what my husband plays, but we have a Wii - maybe it's available on PlayStation 2 also? My BIL plays Halo, which another one of those type of games - but that's on XBox, not sure of it's availability either.

Answer by missanc at 9:16 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Why not get him a gift card to spend on one- and take him shopping. Get him up and about a bit, it would be good for him.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My dh likes to play the Mafia games and I think you can get them for ps2 they are the older ones.

Answer by gemgem at 9:24 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Kill Zone The gears of war ,Black ops and God of war.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Kill zone and The gears of war are two different gaes sorry lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Head to Game Stop - they have lots of USED (Guaranteed to work) video games and the staff are usually game geeks.
    Call of Duty are war games, but you'd need to find out which one he already has. There are dozens of war games out there for the PS2.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:36 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• He likes the war-type games. I am just at a loss as to which ones are good ones. I think he was playing Call of Duty when we went to visit the other day. Not sure if that is the right name for the game.
    tiddliwinks

Comment by tiddliwinks (original poster) at 9:13 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• He is limited income. He can't afford a new game console and I can't afford to get him a newer one. I wish I could. He is needing to keep busy. He is not exactly able to be extremely active.
    tiddliwinks

Comment by tiddliwinks (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Mar. 8, 2011