Does ur house feel like a toy store..

with my 2 boys i feel like there are always a thousand toys everywhere... im constantly purging too... getting rid of things that are broken or stuff they plain just dont play with... but it always feels like there are toys everywhere! is this just me ?

zperez0809

Asked by zperez0809 at 9:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Home & Garden

• LOL. We moved across the country and I remember joking that we should just slap a Toy 'r' us sticker on the side of the moving truck, because that is what it was! We got rid of so much stuff, but we were left with mostly kids toys. It was crazy. I try to keep things cleaned up around here- but I still find strange things in weird places. The other night hubby and I climbed into bed, only to find a herd of Zhu Zhu pets had already taken over. *sigh* and when one of those damn things gets going... it's all over.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:32 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I swear my kid has more toys than I have possessions!! LOL, and I get rid of some on a monthly basis. He was an only grandchild for the first 5 years of his life and my parents spoil him so he has way too much stuff.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Not just you.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:41 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It happens with the ones who have small kids... Don't worry......
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 9:29 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It helps if you can contain them to one space. We have a playroom where 95% of all toys stay!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:55 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i joke that ds's room is the gate way to toy r us land.....and my parents dont help i purge something and they bring twice as much over to replace it.....hmm maybe if i stop purging they will stop bring stuff, might have to try that
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• mine are 2 and 4 .... and one on the way.. i guess i have a ways to go lol
    zperez0809

Comment by zperez0809 (original poster) at 9:31 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My house used to feel like that now that my children are older and i am wiser i go threw toys get rid of stuff thats not played with and everything has to stay in there rooms or i will throw it out (i put it in the garage) They dont know that. But my children are 16, 14 and 8 so i think they are at the age of keeping there crap in there rooms.
    kalynskorner

Answer by kalynskorner at 12:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2011