What is your opinion about the situation in Wisconsin?

I don't think the Govt. has any right to take the power from the people just to fill a budget gap. Have you been following this story? What are your thoughts.
The Gov. of Wis. wants to fire 1500 or more state workers without talking with the unions who are there to protect them. The unions aren't perfect either, I know, but it's still wrong how they are trying to go about closing a budget deficit that they created going to posh weekend parties.

TwilightMack

Asked by TwilightMack at 9:43 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• i dont agree with him. and still wondering about his comment to the dems about him fireing if they dont come back. can he do that?
    our unemployment is already high esp up in northern wisconsin we surely dont need to add 1500 more unemployed workers. besides they are going to collect unemployment if he does so how does that solve anything. they either collect wages or they collect unemployment.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I think you need to do a little deeper research into the issue. You only have the talking points...not the underlying factual info. I'm not bashing you okay...you just need to get the info from a source that doesn't have a stake in it.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:46 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I am still trying to understand how state workers should be protected by a Union at all? they are paid using our state taxes no? If we dont have the money to pay them why cant they be let go? Sorry I am for them being let go.

Answer by gemgem at 9:51 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Absolving collective bargining has nothing to do with closing a budget gap.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:46 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• They're using budget problems as an excuse to take away people's rights.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:47 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Its time for them to do a recall of the people in power and if the govenor supports this impeach him. Its wrong to pay for a party while you know in the long run someone is going to lose their job over it. But reality is ugly half of government shortfall is the dangerous overspending is this.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 8, 2011