Flu shot while pregnant?

Hi ladies, I'm not pregnant at the moment (that I know of) but I am in the two week wait. Are pregnant woman encouraged to get the flu shot? I have always gotten it in the past, but now that I am TTC, I'm not sure if I should. What do you think??
Thanks!

lamr

Asked by lamr at 10:47 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I believe that my doctor told me to when I was pregnant. I think it is older people, babies-toddlers, and pregnant women.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• yes they are im having to really look in to it becuase im pregnant this winter and i get sick horribly .. but yes it usually is encouraged to get the flu shot when pregnant
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I got it when I was pregnant with my son, they suggested I get it, and it hurt like a MF! I'm never getting a flu shot again! They freakin stabbed me LOL!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:49 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I am 36 weeks now and got one like two months ago. I believe it is recommended and it poses no threat to the baby, and even protects the baby till they're around 6 months old.
    K_Coleman

Answer by K_Coleman at 11:49 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I was told not to get the flu shot while pregnant. But I have never gotten it and have not gotten the flu in 3 years. (knock on wood)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:54 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• i was also told not to get the flu shot while pregnant. It's not recommended because it makes u sick.(they inject u w/ the flu virus.) I know it isn't healthy for u or the baby to get the flu, but I think as long as u take care of yourself if ur sick or not, u should be ok.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it is recommended while you're pregnant. You REALLY don't want the flu while you're pregnant!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:21 AM on Nov. 23, 2008