What is the hardest part about losing/maintaining weight?

Do you struggle with losing weight or trying to maintain your weight? What do you find to be the hardest part of reaching your weight goal? Are there any challenges you feel hold you back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• The hardest part for me is not slipping into the lazy hole. If i stop exercising for a few days, i might stop for a month. I'm naturally a lazy person, so daily work outs...event he small ones, are not really enjoyable for me. I've been exercising my whole life, but i have never LOVED doing it like some people. So, it's easy for me to fall out of habit. that is the hardest part for ME. I'm naturally lazy....lol, i just love to relax & hang out.

Not eating sweets & carbs is hard for me too, that stuff is like crack to me. If i see it, i got to have it.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:06 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• the hardest part for me is always the last 15lbs. they are always so much harder to get rid of.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Hardest part about losing is getting lazy. I get tired of exercising. Tired of counting calories or WW points. Just tired of it all. Maintaining isn't so hard. My body seems to love being stuck in this plump stage.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:40 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• depends where my frame of mind is , i can be just as addicted to my keeping my daily weight loss way and loseing lbs as i am addicted to eating high carbs , im either one or the other , and i can go months stuck on one way or the other , i have to be very strong on addicted to lose lbs now , summer is coming so that is motovating me , THE BATTLE NEVER ENDS.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Emotional eating. When I get stressed I just want to eat and eat and eat. I'm trying to learn to manage my stress because I do great when Im not overly stressed. Sometimes its making time to go to the gym. I usually go 5 days a week but sometimes I fall into a rut where I get busy and I just say ok I'll go tomorrow then it's tomorrow again. It takes a lot of self awareness sometimes to realize when I'm falling away and force myself back on track
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 12:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• CONSISTENCY!! I try to eat right by packing my lunch and snacks but on the days I'm late I lose myself and start gobbling everything in sight. On the weekends I eat constantly. Boo hoo hoo.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Yes food food and food lol if you have had a food addiction your whole life its hard to maintain, believe it or not getting to a goal weight isnt that hard , its definately staying there, the old cravings call you back
    stella73

Answer by stella73 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• finding time to workout without ds clinging to my leg
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 3:05 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Not eating the foods I like
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• keeping to the diet noth giving into temptation and consisity u need to keep to a scheduale
    Dani3lla

Answer by Dani3lla at 12:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2011