How do you make the "dough" for cinnamon christmas ornimants?

When my kids were little they used to make these ornimants at pre school. It seems to me like I remember the teachers rolled the dough out and then the kids used cookie cutters to cut out their shapes. They smell so great! They were super strong cinnamon smelling and the fragrance lasts forever! does anyone know how to make the dough?

obx_Mom

Asked by obx_Mom at 10:53 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• CINNAMON CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS
    3/4-1 c. applesauce
    1 (4.12 oz.) bottle ground cinnamon
    Mix applesauce and cinnamon together to form a stiff dough. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters. Make a hole for ribbon. Carefully place on rack to dry. Let air dry several days, turning occasionally. If you prefer they may be baked at 150 degrees for 5-6 hours.

Have fun lol
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 11:22 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Thank You! I was looking for that recipe too.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 12:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• that sounds cool I think I will try those
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• hey im noticing all teh other recipes im finding call fro elmers glue. Did you use glue or just applesauce and cinnamon?
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I have seen the ones with elmers too and have never used it, this one worked really well.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 1:10 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My kids and I make dough just about every other day.  Simple as pie.  2parts flour, 1 part salt and 1 part water.  You can let air dry for three days or bake at 250 for three hours.  We have all kinds of figurines around the house.  We even stuffed a train cake pan I had and each painted cars.  Use acrylic paint.  2.49 at Walmart.  also easily washes off of the counter should they use the counter as a palette.  Once the clay is dry and cool, you brush on elmer's glue to seal it.  It also gives it a nice clear shine.

Martelle

Answer by Martelle at 12:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I tried the one with just applesauce and cinnamon and it was a little hard to work with... maybe I needed more applesauce. I think I'm going to try the one with elmer's glue and see if it's easier to work with so my kids can help. They do smell awesome though =)
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:12 AM on Nov. 24, 2008