Do you find it annoying that practically EVERY place is putting out tip jars now?

I mean, at least where we live right now, I see tip jars in Subway, Dairy Queen, McDonald's, Taco Bell...

I'm sorry, but I am NOT tipping for fast food...or any food that I have to stand at a counter and wait for and then carry away. Unless it's at, like, ColdStone where they sing you a song if you leave a tip in the jar.

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 10:06 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Food & Drink

• ahahah agreed... the coldstones by my house doesnt even sing anymore when u tip them!
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I haven't seen that around here.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:07 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I've noticed that, and I rarely put anything in it. You order thru a drive thru window, you pay thru a window, and your item is handed you thru a drivethru window.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:10 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i think its mainly franchises doing it..probably none of the employees singing for you even see the tips. The owner probably swoops in at the end of every shift and emptys it out...money hungry
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Yes! I was just talking about this with my sister.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I have noticed them at various fast food, sandwich, coffee places - I feel I am already paying enough for their food/coffee so I ignore the tip container.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• ame as mizlee i ignore them
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Pay your employees a living wage and raise the prices accordingly. I hate the tip game.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:21 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I haven't noticed but then again I don't eat out that much
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2011