28 weeks and 1 cm dialated

i will be 28 weeks tomorrow and i have been having wat i thought was Braxton hicks.. well i called the oncall nurse last night because they got really painful and asked me if i thought i could wait til the clinic opened at 8am to be seen and i said yes.. so i got absolutely NO sleep last night and just tossed and turned.. well i went to the clinic and my midwife did some swabs.. yeast infection and one to check to see if i was in preterm labor. she said my yeast infection swab looked great under the microscope and that i didnt have one.. but she did notice that my cervix was already dialated to 1cm.. she told me that it wasnt a huge concern since some ppl are dialated for weeks but told me to take it easy and that if my contractions continue or get worse i need to be monitered.. has anyone else been dialated by 28 weeks and if so, what was the outcome?? did you go into preterm labor or did your cervix stay at 1cm til the end of your pregnancy?? just curious.. oh, and i should be hearing the results for my other swab within the next day or so...

1sttimemom2011

Asked by 1sttimemom2011 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No, I didn't have that problem. Thats is scary being so early. But, like your nurse said ppl go weeks without dilating. I know I would stay on bed rest or if you can't, I'de do as little as possible ! good luck mommy :) LET US KNOW WHAT HAPPENDS !
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 10:17 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• When i was pregnant with my twins i had dialated to 1 cm by 25 weeks. So they put me on bedrest. I lasted all the way to 33 weeks before i went to 2 then i jumps from 2 to 4 during the time i was at the docs. But with my other i would stay at 1 cm for like a month to a month and half. So if your midwife told you to take it easy listen. I know it can be hard but remember its for the baby. Good luck to you
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 11:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2011