Pagans, how do you feel about using flameless candles for spells and rituals?

I'm thinking there are things where flames are a MUST, but for the stuff where you aren't going to be working with the smoke or burning anything with the flames, would you ever use the flame-less options?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:21 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dont really see an issue with them. Never thought about it really but its a good option I think especially if you have curious kids around LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It might work for some. I don't have a problem with it. But, since fire is pretty much to only thing I use it wouldn't work for me.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I have such an attraction to fire and flames I don't think I could use them.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• LOL I never count it an effective ritual unless I have lit my sleeves on fire!

No, I don't see anything wrong with using flameless candles in most cases. However if you are doing candle magick, or replacing the Fire element I don't see how that could work. But this belief system is all about creativity!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Yeah, I'm the same way, I feel a strong connection to fire, I couldn't imagine going flameless. But I wondered where everyone else stood.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I intend to get those for DD if she decides she wants to "be like mommy" or something. I think they're great especially for children and if you're somewhere where you can't use an open flame (like a park).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I have no problem with them whatsoever...and have used them many times in the past.  Like last November for my Circle's Animal Totem Ritual. 

Since I was using cardboard (beer flats) for my shadowboxes...the little batery opperated candles were a must! 

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I can't use flame candles where I live, so flameless are better than nothing. Also can't use incense, so I mix the essential oil of what I would use in incense in water and spray.

Anyways, it all comes down to intent...
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2011