How do you tell your oldest that you lost a baby

i went to the er last night due to bleeding and i was 24 weeks pregnant but my oldest keeps touching my belly saying baby how do i tell him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am so sorry for your loss. How old is he? Might help in determining how to tell him.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:23 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i'm not sure of your religion, but i'm christian and i would just tell him that the baby went up to live with jesus and maybe some day we'll have another baby come live in my tummy that can come live with us. i'm so sorry for you and your family :(
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• sorry i meant to say some day we'll have another baby come grow in my tummy that will come live with us.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:25 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I am so sorry to hear that! ((Hugs)) I went through this with my 3 year old. I had went to the doctor's office due to heavy bleeding and came home to my daughter touching my belly asking me if the baby was ok. I just told her that the baby was in heaven now with grandma and that grandma is taking good care of the baby for mommy. She was sad, but she somehow understood.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• OMG, I am so sorry to hear that.

You have to be honest, the long you wait the more it will hurt him too. Everything happens for a reason, maybe you were not ready, maybe the baby was not ready, I don't know but i believe everything does happen for a reason whether we understand whY?? or not....

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• The baby went to live with Jesus in heaven and the baby won't be back.
    Moviestarr

Answer by Moviestarr at 10:28 AM on Mar. 8, 2011