Babysitting list

When you hire a babysitter, do you leave a list of phone numbers and other tings for him/her to use if necessary? If so, what do you include on it?

CraftingMama

Asked by CraftingMama at 10:24 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• We have a page in our household manual. I just leave the manual open on the kitchen counter. It has our home address and cross street, in case of emergency. It has my mobile number, my husband's mobile number and office number. It has 2 local emergency contact numbers, and the numbers of our parents in other states in case of a major emergency. It has the numbers for poison control and the police department.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:45 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• my cell, hubbies cell, inlaws cell, pediatrician cell, nearest hospital info... special instructions etc
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 10:29 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• What all is in your household manual, if I may ask? Because I think I should make one.
    CraftingMama

Comment by CraftingMama (original poster) at 10:51 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It is a great big manual. It's a 3-inch 3-ring binder! It has a page of all the recipes for my household cleaners and the cleaning and home maintenance schedules. It has a monthly calendar with all the important birth dates, anniversaries, standing appointments. It has the daily schedules and routines. It has the babysitter page, our address book, a page with all of our financial institutions and numbers, etc. It has a page for each family member with all of their vital information and includes physician, dentist, chiropractor, medications, special needs, a recent photo, and I slip into that page their social security cards, original birth certificates...There are pockets for our property deeds/documents. In case of any disaster or emergency I can grab that book and run, or whomever comes to care for the children will know everything they need to know. It is a great comfort!!! And it has come in handy more than once.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Very cool, misses_nick!
    CraftingMama

Comment by CraftingMama (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I had a terrifying babysitting experience so we no longer have sitters. I let the 19 yr old dd of my friend..who had a 2 yr old dd of her own watch my sons aged 2 and 3 at the time so we could have a family dinner out and meet our oldest sons new girlfriend and celebrate his bday. We no sooner were seated at the Olive Garden when we started to call home to check in...no answer. So we thought well she did say she would take them out on the trampoline for a bit before dinner..we kept calling nothing. Finally we called a neighbor who drove to our house. He called and said the police were there. Next thing I heard was my DH saying "Yes officer, this is Bill ____ the father of the two young boys, the young girl belongs to our sitter. She had fallen asleep on them and her dd let our boys out of the house and the neighbors had to chase them out of the street and called 911. NEVER AGAIN!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:42 AM on Mar. 8, 2011