Would you buy a homemade gift basket?

Hello, I am thinking of starting to make some gift baskets....baby, holiday, get well, birthday, etc to sell. Do you think it would be a good idea and I would make money? Would you buy one?

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• No. I'm more than capable of making my own, creative gift baskets.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• If it was nicely done and I had an occasion to give it to someone, sure.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I have to agree. I know I could make my own, so I wouldn't buy one. But I'm sure that others don't have the time or desire to and would buy ones that are premade.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:29 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• yes if it was stuff i would use and was reasonably priced.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Personally, I enjoy making them myself, but I know plenty of people who will pay for them - like PP said, look at what florists charge for not-so-great flowers, a good gift basket is worth a lot more, imo.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:41 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• We have a friend who does this. She is the only reason we buy them. We throw her some business.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:41 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• No. The only time I have ever bought gift baskets is if they are very unique and not something I could easily get myself cost effectively.

Answer by gemgem at 10:46 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I'm sorry but no I wouldn't. I'm very crafty myself and can usually find or make things a lot less expensive that go into them. I'm sure you could check into local boutiques to see if they would carry them for you. They don't work very well in western NY.
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i would have to say no i wouldn't buy because i know i can make it myself....however if you are offering something different then you might have a chance because you have to be careful with fragance things because alot of company now are making their own gift baskets but if you had a homecandles with maybe other homemade frangance for the home...or jewerly, etc you might have a chance. look at some of these websites that cater to homemade business and make one and take a picture of it and see what feed back you get!!
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 1:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Yes if it was done right
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 12:50 AM on Mar. 13, 2011