FOR MOM'S OF 1...

WERE YOU DISAPOINTED WHEN YOU FOUND OUT WHAT YOU WERE HAVING WHEN YOU WERE PREGNANT ?

I have a 3 year old daughter & For some reason my S/O & I knew we were having a girl. We both wanted a boy REALLY badly ! So, when we went for the sonogram & they said it was a girl, It was kind of a let down. Since we had a gut feeling it was a girl, It just wasn't a surprise. I got over it pretty quickly b/c I was just happy she was healthy & everything, But my S/O was really disapointed ! Lol, needless to say I wouldn't change her for the world. But, DID ANY OF YOU FEEL LIKE THIS, OR DID YOU GET WHAT YOU WANTED ?

ZoeyMariah.

Asked by ZoeyMariah. at 10:30 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I did want a boy bc my relationship w my mom is terrible,and so is my mothers relationship w her mother and so on and so on. So when sonogram said girl I was thinking am I going to be able to do this? Will I be the mother SHE needs? She is almost a year and I can say now I think I am, I am breaking the cycle of bad mother daughter relationships!
    Kelly2573

Answer by Kelly2573 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I got what i wanted..at first i was thinking i wanted a girl..now if i were to get pregnant i kinda want a girl...but with my son the further along i kept having these great fears about having a girl..all the "what ifs"..mostly fears about "what if she is like me when she is a teen"..so when i went to find out the sex my mom asked what do you want? i said "its going to be a boy" and i was right. i think i've gotten over my girl fear..and i have a great husband now and i know i could handle i firey teenage girl. lol
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I wanted a boy and I think I knew all along he was. I was right!
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I will admit to that.. for some reason I KNEW we were having a girl - there hadn't been a boy on either side in 30 years and I guess maybe just knowing it WOULD Be a girl and then finding out it was a boy was, a disappointment... after our Ultrasound, we went baby clothes shopping with my MIL and well, I still headed to the cutesy girly ruffly clothes and was sad for that moment, then I quickly got over it -my husband more wanted a boy but would have been happy either way though -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I wanted a girl and got one.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:48 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• We wanted a boy and we got him! We already had a girl (sd)
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 10:50 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I was extreemly disappointed, I wanted a girl so badly. I don't think I could even hide it when the tech told me. You get what you get though and I'm thankful for both my boys.
    chagenue

Answer by chagenue at 10:53 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i am still learning from life
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:23 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I was allowed to have a beautiful gift from God which was my DD....so i had what i was supposed to have...Would not change a thing...
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I wanted a boy sooo bad before the double lines appeared... After that, I was praying for a girl lol. I knew I was having a girl. I could feel it. Ultrasound and then birth confirmed lol. I want a boy if we ever have another baby, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2011