How important is it anyway to have a good boss at work ?

i could do the job of 3 people and still they want me to bring in more money and run the salon , and dont pay me what im worth.
this is so common place , do you deal with this ??

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• Everyone's trying to get more for their money, no matter who they are.
    I had a boss like that, and I quit (when I was young and single). She was too much to take....
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 10:40 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Having a good boss will make or break a job for me - but I tend to get very personally invested in my work.

It seems like the ecomony and job market is such that everyone is being asked to do a lot more for a lot less. Sounds like you are experiencing some of that. BUT I also think that unless you absolutely LOVE your job and want to stay there for a long time, it's just plain smart to keep a eye out for something better. It's always easier to get a better job when you are already employed - the employers tend to prefer someone who is currently working (unfair but true) and you can be as picky as you want to about any new prospects since you already have income. PLUS, if you find a better job but your current boss doesn't want to let you go, this can be great leverage to negotiate better pay/benefits/what-not.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• As a business owner, I would encourage my employees to have open dialogue. Do you feel that you can take any emotion out, remove frustration from your voice and discuss the issue with your boss with a level headed business approach?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It is very important. If you have a bad day, you go home with that. That effects everyone you are around. Every thought about working for yourself? I do fundraising. I provide groups with fundraisers where they get to make 50% of what they sell. All I do is provide them with colorful brochures. They do all the selling & I punch in their orders. The product come striaght from the compay to the group. No delivery for me. It is that easy. The company used to be known as Home Interiors. After 50 years in business, they mergered with Home & Garden Party to form Celebrating Home. There are always contests where you can all kinds of prizes, trips and even cars. Right now we are in the middle of a promotion where I can win a trip to New York. In March you can get a fundraising kit that will get you started for $99.00. Feel free to ask me any questions you have or go to my site www.homeinteriors.com/ttgiffin
    ttgiffin

Answer by ttgiffin at 2:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It sounds like you need to start a stealth job search. These days, employers actually prefer to hire candidates who have jobs.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:43 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I had the best boss in the world,and he died suddenly.He had pension plans for us and also profit sharing plans for us.Some girls left with over 55,000.00 after working about 12 years,not bad.Never had a doctor do anything like that before.I still miss him.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 6:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2011