Need a good man!

I am single, not dating anyone, nor do i feel any need to
the good man would not be for me
my daughter has NO male at all in her life
when out at library (for example) she runs up to any male and starts 'talking' with him, wants him to play with her. she is 3.5, has moderate autism, of course does not understand stranger danger yet, glad she is social, extreme social and not aware of danger is part of her autism (it will smooth out in time)
but she would be more well adjusted if she had a male to hang out with
big brother/big sister, not an option, i called, age 6 min age, and do not set girls up with adult males

is there a "rent a father figure" for little girls
her father has other priorities, my father passed, my brother across country and ill, no cousins of mine around, there are neighborhood fathers, but they have their own kids...still in good weather, my daughter will gravitate to them then they are out with their kids

help!?

makes me ALMOST want to date, just to have a male around for her - lol

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 10:42 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• "what man around my age, wants to date a woman with a three year old, and that child has delays. men my age, if they have kids, they are older, maybe even out of the house, looking to do activities with no kids, they put there time in (if they are dads)"

I know this isn't the intent of the post, but my husband was 39 when we married - I had 3 kids, the oldest of whom has severe autism. He'd never been married, never had kids but is now a great stepdad to my 3 and an incredible dad to our 2 little ones. There are great guys out there that are older and willing to take on little kids, even ones with special needs!

Answer by missanc at 1:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• why don't you sign her up for a sport or activity? right now my boys are signed up for soccer and it's for 3-5yo (boys and girls)....they have 3 coaches and they are all men. you could look in the events calendar for your city and see what types of programs they offer. they have alot of things to choose from here and i have found it's usually men coaching unless it's specifically for girls, but even then it's 50/50 men/women coaches. another option in the summer would be a day-camp....they usually have men and women counselors. you said she has moderate autism, and you could discuss that with the coach, but there are children with physical and mental disabilities in the classes we signed up for and it is not a concern. you could also ask the coach about any mentor programs he may know of.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Why not just have really good male friends? Do you have anyone in your family who could step in like that?
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 10:47 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• [IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/niles2209/mrrogers.jpg[/IMG]

shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• seriously though..why not date?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• oh come on, everyone loved mr rogers. i think i would of liked him to be my daddy
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i know its hard to do stuff with a 3 yr old period. maybe you should just try every now and then to start by making a night for yourself once a month. Try to meet new people and mingle. I agree with getting your kids in activities..this will help them create relationships and maybe you can meet people this way too.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:02 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• hey..have you tried karate? there are a lot of kids in karate that age..they have a junior class at some places. the good thing for you would be that a lot of instructors are male..so that would be her "male role model"..they teach stuff to the smaller ones about strangers. also, another plus about karate is i heard it helps for kids who have autism, etc..
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• do you have any friends that are married or just make guy friends... sound like dating is viable option for you but you are just really opposed to it.
    Azita888

Answer by Azita888 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Mr Rogers Pictures, Images and Photos
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2011