Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can i get my husbad to see i need to go bac to school

so i have never finished high school i had a baby and had to do what i had to do well now that i am older i want to go back to school and make something out of myself but ever time i bring it up to him he dose not seem like he wants me to and i dont have the money to do it i have to get the money from him so how do i make him see that it would be better for us if i went back to school


Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • Most GED programs are free. Some community colleges even offer free or discounted child care for GED students. Call around.

    Answer by KWnavywife at 11:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

  • Apply for scholarships/grants
    You can get your GED online

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

  • do school on online

    a class at a time

    Answer by gammie at 10:54 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

  • Do some research and find out where they give ged tests and classes. Find out how much the test is, if I rememberr correctly if you cant pass the test the classes are free to help you get ready for the test. If you explain your financial situation they may work with you. If not the test would be fairly cheap so ask family or friends if he wont give you the money. I dont understand why he woudnt want you to move forward in your life once you pass the ged you can fill out a fasa online and see if you can get money for higher education.

    Answer by okmommy08 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

  • You dont convince him of anything. Go to your local community college they usually offer GED classes free, some even allow the homework and classes to be done online. Once youre ready to test its around $10 and you just go take a test. Borrow the $10 from someone if you have to. Or just squirrel is away from the money you spend now.
    Once thats done, go back to community college and apply for pell grants, with kids you can get up to 5k a yr and its more then enough normally to cover school. If you need a loan get one stafford loan and the pell can help pay living expenses. He wont be complaining if you are bringing in money while going to school. Just dont over extend.

    Answer by gemgem at 11:02 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

  • good luck

    Answer by letstalk747 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

  • Just enroll. Take the initiative.

    Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:10 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

  • I just noticed i spelled some things wrong sorry was typing fast and did not look over it befor posting

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

  • It sounds like your husband might be a little controlling. He should WANT and encourage you to improve yourself! Go out there and get that GED as the very first step! While you are studying for that you can be researching financial aid programs, scholarships, grants, filling out your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) forms and looking into schools that have programs you are interested in. Community colleges will probably be the easiest/least expensive place for you to start! Just take that initiative!!! If you get good student aid, that might help cover the costs of childcare while you attend school too, so you really don't even NEED your husband's help or approval. You can do it, girl!

    Answer by misses_nick at 11:56 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

  • Show him your spelling, capitalization, and punctuation.

    There are many financial aid programs out there which would be very useful and available for someone in your situation. You just have to do the work to find out about them and then apply and qualify.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Mar. 8, 2011