So, any tips on introducing the new boyfriend to the ex husband? I'm happy for them to meet, because I know I wouldn't want some stranger around our daughter, but what is the best way to do this?

al2011

Asked by al2011 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• LOL I took my husband to the visitation exchange and thats how my ex met him.

Answer by gemgem at 10:59 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• maybe a casual lunch?
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I agree with proudmom. Go out to lunch and let them get to know each other. It is always good to let dad know that his baby is safe and that you are making good choices on who comes around his daughter. Sounds stupid, but they need the reassurement. Same as if he had a new gf he should do the same for u.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I guess I should add that the ex is a super control freak and very jealous... My daughter loves everyone so much and understands that she only has one dad, but I'm afraid dad will have a meltdown if he sees how bf and her interact. I also think it would be a good thing and he would calm down about the situation, but it kinda depends on what direction the wind is blowing... bleh.
    al2011

Comment by al2011 (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• No real advice, but I hope your ex is a lot nicer than mine. He would've attacked my boyfriend if they had ever come face to face while we were together...
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i would do a casual public meeting without daughter first
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 11:06 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My DH told his ex about me a week or so in advance, then took me on the visitation exchange. I have 2 girls a bit older than their DD, so I took her a huge bag of clothes for her daughter to break the ice. SHe was thankful, accepting and our relationship with her and her new DH has been awesome these past 9 yrs. Being adult...best thing you can do for the kids.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:33 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• LOL neither me nor my ex ever intro'd our new loves to each other. My ex is dating a fellow college classmate, so I already knew her. As for my boyfriend, now husband, my ex met him at 6:00 in the morning - we were in PJs in the kitchen.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2011