Herb garden...

I am wanting to plant a herb garden. I have the perfect container but is it to late to plants herbs? I did some research and everything says to start them out in the house in the winter then transplant them in the spring. I am wanting to plant some herbs in a big pot outside or maybe in our little garden. Can I see plant them?

Can I just buy the seeds and plant them? When do I need to plants them? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

palexander

Asked by palexander at 11:02 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Home & Garden

• i think herbs are good all year.. when u go to the greenhouse to buy them ask someone and they can help u
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• yeah it's never too late with herbs! Buy the seeds and get organic potting soil, you may even want one of those green houses (tray holder with clear lid) and put them under a light during the day or in a sunny window. They need a good solid amount of light to sprout strong....(I currently have my vegetable and herb seeds under a lamp about 15-16 hours a day!)
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• So when do I transplant them to my herb garden? I actually have the space to have them outside so do I still need to put them under a lamp for a few week?
    palexander

Comment by palexander (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I just planted my seeds indoors 2 days ago. Herbs are good any time so I dont think that it is to late.
    kjade226

Answer by kjade226 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Start the seeds inside and you can move them to a large outdoor container after the last frost.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2011