What is wrong with walmart?

I have applied at walmart 3 months ago have called every week to check the status no one ever calls back i know they need help because they have the men from Tire and Lube stocking the shelves. But they say they are hiring. I know on my application the jobs i've held have been more than their starting wage. But i really need a job and no one is calling back at any that i have applied at.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Money & Work

• me either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• 3 months you might have to do another ap
    they only keep them 90 days
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Or they might just not be interested. Try applying again and then if nothing happens, move on.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 12:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Usually with wal*mart you need a referal from inside the store to get in... Or at least that's how it is here.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Alot of people are unemployed so they probably have tons of applications. You should just call them atleast once a week and ask about a job. If they see youre serious about working they might put you at the top of the list.

Answer by gemgem at 1:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• gemgem.... I have called every week since i put the app in and left messges for Human Resources and they haven't even called back.
    Anonymous

• With so many people looking for work, they can pick and choose who they want. So, I'd say they are picking people who are more qualified; I don't mean that you aren't qualified, just that they can pick and choose, so it could be something as simple as someone who maybe has one more job on their resume than you do. OR, you mention that your previous wages are higher than their starting wage. They may feel that you won't stay, that you'll just be there until something better comes along. I found out that was happening to me. I work in offices, with pretty high starting wages, but got laid off in May. con't..
    Anonymous

• I reached a point where I started applying at Walmart, Walgreens, etc. I kept calling one of them, and they finally told me they weren't going to hire me b/c my experience showed that I wasn't interested in working in that type of environment, and that as soon as a job more similar to my past ones came along, I'd be gone, so they didn't want to waste their time training me. Statements like that can really piss you off when you're trying to feed your kids.
    Anonymous

• I work at walmart, and you have to be persistant... Alot of the time they are just to busy to take a look... they have so much to do at the end of the year, and with open enrollment for benefits - i can tell you mine was super busy these past 3 months, and will continue to be the rest of the year....

you have to be persistant, call and ask to speak to someone in Personnel... Tell them that you applied, and want to check on the status of your application.

Right now, if any walmart is hiring, they want you to have open availability... if you have days / times you cant work, that gives you less of a chance to work with them... Trust me, i know...
    tyree08

Answer by tyree08 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• since walmart only pays minimum wage, apply at a fast food like mcdonalds where you will get meals and uniforms, and get experience serving food then move up to a restaurant and get tips and minimum wage
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 3:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2008