Do you tell someone's spouse that someone cheated?

I have told the other person that someone has cheated and they ended up getting mad at me. I am not the one who cheated why are you mad at me?
I would rather someone be HONEST to me and tell me what is up so I am not looking like a fool. I would rather someone tell me then not tell me!

kalynskorner

Asked by kalynskorner at 11:08 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• i would , cause i would want to know
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Depends how close I am to them. If they aren't a great friend, then no, I wouldn't.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:09 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• How close are you with them?
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Do it anon. Because seriously, they'd be mad if you do and mad if you don't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• If I were close to them, I definitely would tell them. I may tell an acquaintance in a subtle way by telling them I heard a rumor. I don't think I would tell a stranger bc I wouldn't know what is really going on and they wouldn't appreciate a stranger knowing something about their life so personal.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:12 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Only if it was a best friend, and if that were the case I would talk to him first to see if maybe he would stop. Either way expect some back lash from it.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 11:12 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• No I dont get involved unless its a very good friend and they ask me. For instance a friend of mine suspected her husband of cheating. I helped her to find out (suspected it myself). On the other hand I have a friend (not close to really at all) and her husband is friends with my husband (good friends) and he cheats on her. I dont intend to get involved in that at all.

Answer by gemgem at 11:14 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I would find a way to let them know without anyone knowing it was me who told.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 11:33 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I agree with most the others ... depends on how close i am and I guess what information I had.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I think you were wrong... IF it was something from the past.

IF it was on going I think the best course of action is to tell the cheater to fess up, giving a dead line... if they dont fess up by then you tell... but ONLY if it is an on going affair.

Anonymous