UPDATE AGAIN(in green)--What is good for a?

severe sore throat? I don't have strep I know because I went to the doctor and they took a culture. They gave me an antibiotic but I need some suggestions as to what to drink that won't hurt my throat

Just got off the phone and the doctor wants me to come in because I can barely talk out loud and can't swallow so he thinks the antibiotic is the wrong one and wants to run another test to check again for strep or tonsillitis.  Be back later and update

The doctor told me I have tonsillitis and that is why the first antibiotic wasn't working properly.  He changed my antibiotic and wants me back in on Friday to see if there is any improvement.  Told me to drink Vernors(flat), Green Tea or other Tea that I have in the house but stay away from milk and milk products.  So we will see thanks everyone for your ideas and suggestions

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Health

• Lemon and honey hot tea.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You can gargle with warm salt water or drink warm tea with a teaspoon of honey in it.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 3:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Gargle with warm salt water. They also make a spray called cloraseptic which will Kimberly it a little. I would stay away from dairy as it can coat your throat and make it worse. Hot tea perhaps?
    sydash11

Answer by sydash11 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I like HOT tea. I feel like the heal almost burns away the pain for a while. Sitting and inhaling the steam helps too. Honey would be soothing and cool.

I hope you feel better soon! I had a raging tonsilitis in November. Not fun, especially when trying to work and run after 3 kids.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:20 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• saly water
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2011