Really ABC? Have you lost your collective minds? adult content

Have you heard about the new show ABC is set to launch? Title: Good Christian Bitches. I'm at a loss for words on how utterly horrible this sounds. It's distasteful, and only perpetuates negative stereotypes.

Site:
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/03/04/critics-slam-abc-pilot-good-christian-bitches-inappropriate-damaging-title/

"“ABC’s core viewership is Christian, so the goal of the show won’t be to attack Christianity. Just like the book, this is a show by Christians, for (mostly) Christians, to enjoy a little prime-time self-deprecation,” Los Angeles-based entertainment expert, Jenn Hoffman said."

Yeah...that's what I want to watch at the end of a long day; something that bashes my religious beliefs. But hey, I'm supposed to "laugh at myself", right????!

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 11:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Religious Debate

• What a sad world we live in. Silly ABC.
    Twinminator

Answer by Twinminator at 11:42 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• ABC thanks you for the free publicity. Look at all the people who know about it now that wouldn't have without you letting them know. The title did just what they wanted it to do - got people talking about it. And honestly, it's not even original. Soul Man was on in the 90's and The Book of Daniel about 6 years ago. And there have also been shows that riffed on other religions. Little Mosque in the Prairie (which is still airing in Canada) and Aliens in America - both looking at Muslim life sitcom style. Seinfeld brought up Judaism all the time. Dharma and Greg relied on new age religions for a lot of punchlines. Christians are the largest demographic group in the country, why should they be too special to be subject to a tv show when obviously other religions are not?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• In your article it talks of a trend. I dont care about this one show as it hasn't been picked up and the name may change but the overall wanting to add expletives in show titles. I have no issue with bad manguage, but it's inapprioate for kids ....and its super tacky

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:24 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I wouldnt watch it anyway just because they have to use the word bitch in the title. Sorry that just wouldnt be something I would be interested in watching.

Answer by gemgem at 11:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Will that run against the Buddha Bitches and Hindu Hoes?

LOL.... Riiiiiiight.... I don't see that happening... 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I heard it will be on right before "Muslim Mania"...a contest show where the person telling the funniest Mohammad joke wins a batch of virgins.

Seriously...now I know why I don't watch much tv.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Best way to protest is to tell ABCs advertisers. NOT THE NETWORK. The SPONSORS! They're more sensitive to this.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Being that it's ABC, it's not a surprise in the least. I don't even watch ABC, nothing on there interests me in the least. I don't even watch the soaps on there. It's no wonder they consistently stay in last place on ratings,and will probably fold in the next few years (for all you "link junkies", no I don't have a link on that, just my own opinion).
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Oh,and I SERIOUSLY doubt ABC's core viewership is Christian. We have MUCH better taste than a 3rd rate network, who would further insult us with trash like this.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• We have MUCH better taste than a 3rd rate network, who would further insult us with trash like this.

Speak for yourself. I'm a Christian, and a vast majority of the shows I like to watch come on ABC.

Here's a tip for everyone currently birthing cows: Don't like it, don't watch it.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2011