Help with studying...

I'm taking online classes and just can't get anything to sink in. Do you have any study advice? I haven't had any type of schooling in 20 years.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in

• Flash cards always seem to help. For me, I have to write everything down.
    sydash11

Answer by sydash11 at 11:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• 1) Take notes

2)Use the SQ3R method for reading your chapters (Scan the chapter, come up with Questions you want answered by that chapter, Read the chapter, Respond to your questions, Recite what you've learned.

3) Read instructions very carefully

4) Don't be afraid to state what you've learned and your experiences within your discussion boards.

Good luck. I hope this helps.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I took online classes as well as was scared because i am the type that NEEDS the "school setting" but the best thing that worked for me is NO DISTRACTIONS!! If you can take a few minutes to yourself and truly focus it WILL sink in. Also, it HAS TO BE a class you are truly interested in or it will probably not sink in ever! I learned that the hard way! Also, you may want to try talking to people from class if you have that option, or just discussing the work in general with anyone who will listen. Repeating information always helps it stick! Good luck...
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Do you know anyone who is taking the classes with you? I found if I study with someone, it helped me to remember it.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:24 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I found flashcards were the best for me too. Stock up on index cards come back to school time if you plan to be doing several semesters.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Flash cards are the best way to study for me.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 11:26 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• For my online classes, high lighting and note taking really helped me. Finding someone who is taking it or has taken it might be helpful, too.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Flashcards, rewriting my notes after class. The more I write something down, the more I remember it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2011