Should I divorce my husband?

Me and my husband have been together since i was 15. I dont know why now. He used to be so kind and sensitive and smart. We now have two daughters together and it seems like im the only one trying to better our lives. He has a degree in computer programing but works at a gas station because he dont want to get drug tested. I am currently trying to get a medical degree but he tells me i dont need to study. Since i dropped out of highschool to take care of my mother who has passed away two years ago. I finally did get my Ged though and he just puts me down and says if i was smart i would never have dropped out of school. he also calls my mother the b word alot. He also takes hold of all of our money. which one time he spent 500 dollars and never told me where he spent it or what on. He hits me also. i have went to work with multiple bruises and had to come up with lies to cover them.

lovebeinmomm115

Asked by lovebeinmomm115 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• You know you should. You don't need us to tell you.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• if he hits you, yes leave. that's really a no-brainer. and the fact that he calls a deceased woman a bitch, just makes him a disgusting piece of shit. get away from this disturbing asshole.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• honey , instead of asking if should leave him , You shouldve been packing yours and daughters things and getting the hell out as soon as possible!! No one deserves to be treated that way .
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Agreed....you know you should...leave him!!!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• First ((((HUGS))) Second if your asking the question you know the answers. Third when you have to lie for something someone did to you its time my dear to kick rocks no one should take your money or leave you with bruises you are better and deserve better.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Thank you.
    lovebeinmomm115

Comment by lovebeinmomm115 (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• yes leave you could do much better on your own i mean your doing it now anyways right? you'll be much happier and better able to care for your children. good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You already know the answer. Read your own post like it isnt yours and what advice would you give? Any man who has a drug problem and is abusive is not worth it. I have a general rule of thumb, I can put up with anything but Abuse, Addiction or Adultery.

Answer by gemgem at 11:35 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• :( It sucks how much people can change! I would leave him. I am sure it is hard since he is all you know and it's more of a mental comfort to stay. But once you are gone and realize you deserve better, you will be much happier.
    Rocker.Mom.07

Answer by Rocker.Mom.07 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Contact a domestic abuse shelter and get the heck out. You have two beautiful children that you need to think about. Don't let some piece of garbage ever tell you that you are dumb . Don't let him put his hands on you. You are the one with goals and a future. He is the drug using abuser. He has no right to be taking all of the money, especially if you work. I would open my own account and deposit your paycheck there. If there is a joint account you need to go and take half of what is there. I would also contact legal aid in your state and start divorce proceedings... First and foremost... get yourself out of there and make sure that you and your children are safe.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:41 AM on Mar. 8, 2011