Does anyone else think.......

that the vote down button shows nothing but immaturity? unless of course it's used to vote down someone who is being extremely rude. but only to use when someone has a different opinion or standpoint than you, really, put your big girl panties on and realize your opinion is simply that, an opinion. no need to vote down someone purely for that reason, it just shows how stupid and immature you are.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Wait for it Wait for it.....

Who wants to bet the vote down fairy will be visiting?

I personally just would rather tell someone I disagree but thats me. I have used the vote down once on accident.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I have only used it to vote down EXTREMELY rude comments on where someone is just asking for different opinions. You can give your opinion but do it in a way that is respectful.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:50 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i only vote down if i feel it is a bad answer if the person is just being rude just to be rude.i can count on one hand how many times i've used it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I've used it once on accident, and one time on purpose. I gues I don't understand the proper way to use it. If you use the vote-up button because you agree with the person's comment then wouldn't logic dictate that the down vote is when your highly disagree with the person's comment. And really what difference does it make? Who gets hurt? What is the worst thing that happens when someone gets voted down for an answer? We all still get to play.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I've used the vote down button once but it was in a situation where the post was really upbeat and fun and the person who replied was rude for no known reason
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I only use it if the person is just being downright rude or ignorant. Otherwise, I thumbs-up everybody :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• unless of course it's used to vote down someone who is being extremely rude.

That's the problem - you aren't given the authority to define "rude" for everyone else. Some will consider your question rude, others consider anyone disagreeing with them rude. With a few annoying, mosquitolike exemptions, most people are using the dv for what they personally consider rude or bad answers. But it would be nice if it weren't anonymous - would keep the ones doing it just to be bitchy away, lest people see what they're doing.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Never used it
    sydash11

Answer by sydash11 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• beat that dead horse
    Anonymous