Meal ideas for a cheap wedding?

Without getting a caterer, I need easy ideas for food. I have plenty of family that will help with serving.
100 ppl under $200 total?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• family who will help serving
    will they help with pot luck help
    you mentioned no caterer, are you planning on making all food? that is too much for bride
    let family and friends do food, each brings something, plan out what they bring
    make it more like a party to celebrate wedding vows, and not typical wedding??
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:55 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• We just attended a wedding where the meal was smoked turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans. The turkeys were smoked at a local meat processor's and reheated at the wedding - super easy and not really expenive.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:57 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Do family style meals that are your favorite? Stuffed chickens, casseroles, quiches. Things that are easy to make in bulk but don't diminish from the aesthetic of your food.

I'm a personal fan of finger foods.
    RedWingsLady

Answer by RedWingsLady at 11:58 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Some kind of pasta. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Baked chicken and turkey or ham, potatoes, mixed veggie, a rigatoni or other pasta, rolls and a salad mix. Then for finger food veggies and dip and maybe if you have the money deli meats for quick sandwiches.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• bbq...beans, slaw, potato salad, dinner rolls
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i spent about that much on a bbq dinner for about 35 people..honestly it was very stressful and nobody really wanted to help clean up. it really wouldnt have been much more to have had mine catered..i wish i would have/or could have. my wedding was so far out in the sticks they probably wouldve charged me an arm and a leg for gas
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Baked ziti is pretty cheap to serve a crowd. Sever with rolls and salad to make it a meal.

16 oz. ziti (prepared)
    8 oz. ricotta cheese.
    -2 jars (depending on how saucy you like it) of spaghetti sauce of choice.
    1 lb beef or chicken or veggies (pre-cooked)
    mix and place in a casserole dish top with mozzarella and bake at 350 until heated through. Easy to make ahead of time!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My mom did all the food at my wedding. She had cold cut platters, cheese platters, rolls, various salads, etc out on platters and it was buffett style. It went very well and everyone had a good time.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Spaghetti, salad & breadsticks.

Answer by gemgem at 12:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2011