Pregnant with #3...OOPS!

Just wondering, has anyone else gone through this? I currently have a 6 month old baby, and I'm about 2 months along with #3, which was a surprise. Just wondering what to expect this time around, as far as body changes, anything different from normal pregnancy, etc. I am still breastfeeding my 6 month old as well, and I hope we can at least go a year with it. I'm just worried because i'm losing weight and my 6 month old isn't really getting the nutrition she needs from my milk. Its like 3 people are fighting over 1 body and none of us are doing that well. Any advice, suggestions, or similar stories you'd like to share? I've never been in this situation before....

EvaSerenity

Asked by EvaSerenity at 11:48 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i would talk to your doc about the breastfeeding thing you might have to break down and put the baby on formula all my kids were formula fed and they are fine.no health problems.i have a 31/2, 2 1/2, 1 1/2, and 3mnth old so i know what your going through i never made it to my 6 week checkup accept for my 3 mnth old before i found out i was pregnant agin you will be fine and it wasnt any different for me having mine that close together other than being extremely tired.good luck
    momof4150

Answer by momof4150 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Keep eating lots of fruits and leafy greens to help with making sure you have nutrition...you could also make some green smoothies - some leafy greens plus fruit and whip it up..this will help with energy as well as helping you consume more calories easier.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:53 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• And well done with the breastfeeding...keep at it
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:54 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• This is something that you need to talk with your OB/GYN about. 3 people fighting over 1 body is never any good. The developing baby in you needs the nutrition and I understand that you want to continue breastfeeding. Have you increased your good caloric intake? Taking a good prenatal vitamin? Getting plenty of rest?  I would talk with your doctor first before taking anything anyone on here has to say to heart.

boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 11:55 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I found out that I was pregnant when my first was 9 mths. I breastfed as long as I could, but at about 10mths old I started giving him a little milk. I know, I know, I'm a terrible mother! He still breastfed until 1 yr old, but just not as much. Like you said, there was 3 of us fighting for one body. You should talk to your doctor. Hopefully they can give you a meal plan that will help you. You are probably going to have to take in more calories in order to nurish everyone. Good Luck! And Congrats.
    Baby # 2 was a surprise for us too!
    bbysqd

Answer by bbysqd at 11:57 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I'm 19 and am pregnant with #3. I have a 27m old son a 11m old daughter and I am 8m pregnant with #3 another girl. I am having a hard time with it because like you said it feels like they are all fighting over you at the same time. I'm just lucky to have the guy that I do because he makes it to were I dont have to stress about how I'm going to take care of them. He make everyting better. I dont have family to help me so its just me and my SO but if you do I'm sure that would come in handy.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:58 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I am taking prenatals, the main problem with the nutrition is this morning sickness. I never had it so bad with my other 2. Its pretty much all day sickness, and I can only eat about 1 meal a day that will actually stay down, if I can even stomach that. I have tried every morning sickness remedy I've ever heard of, and nothing seems to help. Some of it makes it worse. I'm tired of being nauseous all the time! :P
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 12:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• If you cant keep anything down, and want to keep BF your baby, maybe try to get some Ensure millkshakes or something. Can you keep liquids down? Ensure has a lot of protein and other vitamins and such in it and supposed to help you gain a little weight. Maybe whenever you don't feel like you can keep down solids, drink a can or two of Ensure.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I'm right there with ya!!! DS #2 was 8months old when we found out we were expecting#3! Now I'm 35 weeks and still breastfeeding!! I lost about 16lbs in my 1st and 2nd trimester. I was a little concerned but, ds was and is still healthy!! He really hasn't "gained" much weight (23lbs @16mo) but his ped says hes just where he should be!! A lot of caregivers are very uneducated about bfing while pregnant, so before you wean I would strongly suggest you do a ton of research!! Its completely do able !! Oh.. and at the end of the 2nd and in the 3rd trimester there has been no problem gaining any weight for me :( !! Eat lots of greens and protien!! You'll need all the energy you can get!! GL
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Ginger Ale ?? Thats the only thing that has ever worked for my morning sickness, it's worth a try!!
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2008