Were you always attracted to your DH/SO?

I'm not going to lie...when I first met my DH I did not find him attractive in the least ... he looked like a huge man-child lol and to tell you the truth I wasnt crazy about his personality either, he was very loud, talked ALOT and only about himself.....I found out later he really liked me and was nervous (awwww) he doesnt act like that anymore and I now find him to do one of the sexiest men on the planet =) Were you attracted to your mate at first or did they have to grow on you? lol

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• my dh grew on me. When i first met him (before i even considered dating him ) i thought he was a sick perve...only because he was always telling really nasty jokes. I went on one date with him when i was 18 and he just didnt seem to know how to have "fun"...the kinda fun i liked to get into at that age anyways.."trouble" ..years past, and i was 23..i catch up with him again and i still see him as a goof BUT there is something a little different about this goof that i havent seen in ANY other men i have dated in 5 years. He is respectful, he is patient, he listens, someone that i need in my life. so i married him and he has grown on me and i couldnt find anyone i would rather be with.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I have been with my current husband since 2003 or so. And no I wasnt at all attracted to him in that way LOL. He was my friend & I had always seen him as my friend and not "dating" material. I knew him really well and we were comfortable around each other. I always bragged and said what a good guy he was and how he would end up with a great woman lol. I just didnt think even for a second Id be that woman haha. He told me he loved me after a couple of years and I ran. I was like wth. After he wasnt there to talk to everyday I was depressed and realized I did love him. We have been together ever since.

Answer by gemgem at 12:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I was attracted to him the moment I laid eyes on him.  I still am 25 years later.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Pretty much even though he was dating a friend of mine. He just had that "bad boy, freak the parents out" look about him. We were seeing each other within a week. =o)
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Definitely. Saw him for the first time when I was 16 and was bowled over. Seeing now as we're turning thirty, still takes my breath away.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i was very attracted to both his looks and his personality the first day i met him, which was when i was 16 and he was 17. were turning 25 and 26 this year and he is still very attractive to me.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I was dating another guy that he worked with when I met him...I always thought he was cute and told him so. We were friends for 15 years before we ended up together.
    No skeletons in these closets and we can talk about anything.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Yes I was and still am!!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 12:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I was. I picked up my roomate from work one night and she asked if i could take her "friend" home so i agreed. When we got there my roomates friends roomate was having a small party so we stayed the guy iNtroduced me to his roomate who was so quiet but had some bad boy type thing going on. By the end of the night my now hubby came up to me and asked if i would like to go out the next night, 6 years later and 4 kids we are so happy.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 12:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Yes, I was crazy about him from day 1.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2011