Are there any true Witches out there who could answer a few questions I have about Wicca?

I got introduced to Wicca my freshman year of college and I found it REALLY interesting. So I ordered some stuff from this catalog called the Pyramid Collection and had it shipped to my house. HUGE mistake. My mother opened the package and saw "The Witches Bible Complete", an Athame (did i spell that right?) and some candles. I never even laid eyes on the stuff b/c by the time I got home from school, she'd taken it back to the post office and was on the phone telling all her friends I was "EVIL". So, that took a while to blow over, and needless to say, I discontinued my research of the religion. And although that was a decade ago, there's a small part of me that's still curious about it. My best friend even got me "Wicca for Dummies", as a joke.

Dmommy4

Asked by Dmommy4 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Check out this website ... one of the moms here runs it. She is a fount of information. http://witchywonderland.blogspot.com/

One thing you should understand is that just because one is a Witch, does not mean he or she is a Wiccan. 

Wiccan does not necessarily equal Witch and vice versa. Witchcraft is a practice, not a religion. 

Here are a few more sites: 

http://www.witchvox.com/

http://www.witchway.net/

Feel free to send me a private message if you have more questions. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Well, I've been a practicing Pagan Witch for nearly 15 years, but I was raised JW, so I understand the mom issues because I dealt with the same thing. I found my path at 6, but couldn't practice til I was a teen and learned how to hide it. And then I was a priestess by the time I was 21, today I am completely solitary I still do what I can to help others on their path. All that said, I highly suggest the Wicca & Witchcraft for Dummies and in fact have 2 copies of it myself. I also suggest the Idiots version.

If you're looking for information, try PagansPath.com, the Pagan & Proud group on here, my blog (witchywonderland.blogspot.com) and you can always feel free to message me here or email me at SabrinaMBowen@gmail.com I'm always happy to answer any questions. However, I will warn you I am NOT Wiccan, I am an Eclectic Pagan Witch.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• What questions do you have?

I can try and help and I know there are others as well that could try and help just need to have the questions first.

Oh, and Wicca and Witches...seperate things. Wicca is a religion with rules/laws, etc where witchcraft is like a lifestyle(cant think of the exact word I want right now...sorry). Most Wiccans do practice witchcraft but not all witches are Wiccan.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• There are many online resources to discover more about it. As with SpiritedWitch I recommend you look at witchvox and witchway.net

wiccantogether.com is much like cafemom- a discussion board and forum to ask questions and learn more. Much like cafemom there is a lot of drama and strong opinions too. So just be careful.

meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• If you have specific questions, feel free to send me a message anytime. I'm not Wiccan, but I am a Pagan and a Witch, and I got my start with Wicca about 12 years ago. The websites that others have given are great, as well.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• There are also several Wiccan/Pagan groups on here.

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Wow. Thanks mom's. I'm just more confused now than ever, so Wiccans, Pagans, and Witches are ALL different. I've got a LOT to learn...
    Dmommy4

Comment by Dmommy4 (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2011