We are such horrible parents...

Normally our two year old has gymnastics classes every Monday at 3pm. Yesterday our brains were elsewhere...(having found out I'm pregnant) and we totally spaced it out! I didn't even remember until it was bedtime! I feel so bad about it, she loves her gymnastics class. *sigh* We win worst parents for yesterday.
If I can't even remember to take my two year old to gymnastics, how in the world am I going to be able to handle two children?!

FluffyMamaBunny

Asked by FluffyMamaBunny at 12:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• If that's the only thing you've done to your child, then you are NOT a bad parent. People forget things, plus you've just found out you're pregnant, so you've got pregnancy brain to deal with! I'd say you are probably a great parent, since you feel so terribly about missing your DD's class yesterday.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Don't beat yourself up over it, finding out your are expecting is big news, and more important than a gymnastics class.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• We have a HUGE calendar from Staples/Office Depot on our fridge where we write everything down that's going on. You can put it in your fridge or another high traffic place where you would go often everyday.....it's there and you'd see it every time you go. It helps a lot with pregnancy brain! :)
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 12:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• like i do learn from your mistakes and move on. the child is the most forgiving person. if your biggest problem is you forgot gymnastics i would say you were a great parent.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 12:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Really it's ok! Call the gymnastics place and ask if you can make the class up on another day.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• haha
    give yourself a break
    two year class, she doesnot even know she missed it, unless you made a deal about it
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• If that is the worst thing you have done then your doing great. Dont beat yourself up and finding out big news like that then you are intitles to forget something.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 12:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• That happens sometimes, you get focused on something and forget about an event.... don't stress over it. I have forgotten my son had a 1/2 day and did not pick him up on time... and when he called me to pick him up I felt so horrid about it. He thought it was funny and was not upset. Your little girl will survive missing 1 gymnastics class and chances are she probably did not even realize she missed it.
    I use a color code system to keep track of my family-- each person has their own highlighter color and as soon as they have an event, appointment or something going on I write it in my planner and then highlight it with their color. then I can see at a glance who has what on what day. I also have a big calendar on the wall where I mark the things on as well- that way everyone can see it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Pregnancy brain. I forgot my own name when I was pregnant.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• lol your fine!!! dont stress out! if it makes you feel better, when we moved one time i forgot ds diaper bag in dh truck....i remembered after he left when ds needed a diaper change...dh had no cell on him and i had to put ds in the bathtub until dh came back lol ds was just over a year old
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2011