I am pregnant with number two. I had my daughter c-section. I'm trying to decide if i should try vaginal birth this time. The doctor said I am ok to try it this time. Has anyone here had vaginal birth after c-section? any advice?

missjnell

Asked by missjnell at 12:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i have never had a ce section but i have heard of plenty of women that have done a vaginal successfully after a csection i think you can do it just have soem faith in yourself godo luck and congrats
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• ** good
    iloveyall2008

• I am pregnant right now and am planning on having a VBAC. I was so uneducated the first time around. I got an epidural which led to pitocin which led to other drugs which made my baby go into distress and a "emergeny C-Section" was necessary. It was a horrible snowball affect and I didn't feel anything after my epidural. A woman actually has less than a 1% chance of uterine rupture when having a VBAC, even though we're almost "scared" into having a repeat C section! Isn't that crazy! This time around, I'm having a homebirth with a midwife and want ZERO interventions so that my body can do what it was meant to do...without doctors fiddling with my birth process. I hope this helps! You can do it!!!!
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 12:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• If your doc gave you the ok then go for it. Not alot of docs do that. My SIL had a VBAC and did good. She didnt even have an epideral.

The advise I would give you is listen to your body during labor. It knows what it is doing. It is very difficult to listen to your body if you have an epideral though. I listened to my body and had very quick deliveries. My SIL was only in labor for 4 hrs too.

Good luck
    Anonymous

• I had a VBAC with my second one. It was the best decision for me. Although I was in labor for 23 hours and pushed for 3, I am so glad that I did it. I didn't do well with my c-section. I hated my doctor for doing that to me and found a doctor that would support me doing a VBAC. A good website to check out is www.vbac.com.  Good luck!!

boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 1:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I had a VBA2C with my last baby. First step, take 'try' out of your vocabulary and just do it. There is no WAY I'd willingly have another c-section. My last labor went so well and I was up and about the next day. I had no drugs and no one poking and proding me through my labor(I had a homebirth, docs didn't care what I wanted). It takes me weeks to recover from my c-sections. It's very much worth it!
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Thank you everyone!! Your answers are very helpful!!!
    missjnell

Answer by missjnell at 1:20 AM on Nov. 23, 2008