Medical career is the way to go, right? What if I have zero interest in it???

I am in school and all I hear is how medical is the career path to choose. Well I'm not interested. So now what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in

• If you're not interested in medical don't do it. Medical is complicated enough to get through without the complication of being uninterested in it. Medical is not the only thing in the world to do.
    Anonymous

• Then you do something you are interested in and understand there "could be' less of a chance to have a stable working situation forever - that doesn't mean your path or choice is wrong by any means.. it just means medical has more opportunities and will always be a need.. there are many nurses in our state that also got laid off and hour cuts so currently, I think nothing is 100% stable.. good luckl
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Don't do it. Do what you love and are interested in. You are better off chosing something that is supposedly less in demand, if you will enjoy it more. College costs enough that you dont want to lose stamina or end up giving up because you are in a course or career that bores you.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• A medical career is only one of the many options available. Sometimes you work towards a career and find it doesn't fit, but to start out KNOWING it wasn't going to fit would be crazy. Don't waste your time. Look into fields that actually do interest you. There are plenty of other high demand jobs that don't involve the medical field. Every top 10 list I've seen recently includes IT, computer programming, accounting, and web/graphic design in addition to medical options.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• No schooling should be taken if you're not interested in the subject. (College/University I mean)
    The Medical career might've been a solid job at one point, but more and more people are being laid off from the Medical field.
    If you have no interest in a career, then you shouldn't pursue it. Don't go to school, waste thousands of dollars, and years of your life to do something you have no interest in. That's pointless.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Then don't do it. You have to like what you are doing and should be happy in your career field. Money is important when chosing a career but happiness in that career is just as important, if not more important.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Accounting offers many great career paths

Answer by rkoloms at 9:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

Next question in
Help with studying...

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Is light bleeding ok in pregnancy?