My 2 cents about feminist sahms

what is up with the woman who are AT HOME but feel that it isnt their job to do anything but take care of the kids.

Are you so selfish that you can not do a couple loads of laundry or are you that inept that you can not figure out how to clean a house AND take care of the kids.

Im not saying do every thing perfect... sure he can have a couple chores but not 50/50.... heck your already there just do something.

I have been a sahm of 3 kids for 16 yrs and Im telling you it really isnt that hard to keep a house clean... YES, even with kids home. Make a game of it, plan it out, have rules and stick to them. I get so sick of these feminist sahms saying Im only staying home to take care of the kids... keeping a clean house is part of providing an appropriate environment for children.

I guarantee that if one of these women saw her husband walk by his dirty socks on the floor instead of picking them up and putting them in the hamper they would throw a fit... so what is the difference when you claim you cant clean because the kids are in the house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Wow...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• ...
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• huh.. I guess this is a new one too me, I have yet to see a post about a SAHM saying she's only there to raise the kids..lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• not everyone has the talent to keep a house clean and take care of kids as well.
    some people are good at housework and don't understand why it's so hard for others. But that's true of a lot of things.

what I don't really understand is why I see so many posts about this? why does it bother you if others don't keep house as well as you do?
    Why is this such a big issue for so many?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Yay for you. I am a SAHM and I spend the majority of my day playing with my kids. Do I do laundry - yes, do I wash the dishes - yes, do I straighten things up - yes, do I mop the floor - yes, but my main focus is my kids. If they need me for something, I will drop whatever housework I am doing and help/play with them. Kids grow up, cleaning can wait!

Answer by missanc at 12:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• those aren't feminists. if you stay home just to watch your kids but don't help to maintain the house then you're just lazy
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You're confusing expecting a husband to do everything with being an adult and picking up after himself. If a man can't even put his dirty socks in a hamper he might as well still being living with mommy and having her do everything for him. My DH and I have our issues but he at least can put his dirty clothes away and take his plate to the sink. I don't know any SAHM on here or in real life who can't manage to clean a house and expects her husband to do it when he gets home. That sounds like a gross overstatement or some kind of vent about something personal.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Yeah, it's sad. I've actually met two people like this. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. The one thought she should get paid for taking her kids to the doctor's and sports, etc. The other just acts like she gave up work to stay at home with them and that's it. I wouldn't have the audacity and couldn't live with the guilt. It's a privilege to stay at home and to have a home to keep.
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• – collapse
    you want to hear a funny oxymoron. feminist stay at home mom
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I stay home with my kids because my dh & I know it is better for them. Not him. Not me. For them. My youngest is now in kindergarten so I do get alot more time to clean and do things I want & need to do around the house, but before that not everything got done. My house wasnt and isnt filthy but if a load of laundry didnt get folded til morning the world was not going to end.

My husband works, but I still expect him to be my partner, which means if he sees me struggling to get dinner on the table, do dishes and one of the kids drops a drink or needs help with something he can help too. He also knows I am not home to be his mother. I am home to be the kids' mother. He also has to set a good example, which means throwing his socks on the floor isnt the best idea while telling our sons not to do it.

Answer by gemgem at 1:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2011